FJ40 Cross-Country Expedition: Will YOU join us??? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Two batons are still floating around out west of Colorado. You may still have an opportunity to participate. @4Cruisers has kept a good eye on the progress of the Briefcase and I believe the tan tool box is in the Denver area.

Bring it on

I'M BACK!!! I just completed a solo 2000 mile round trip FJ40 Expedition to Death Valley including about 300 miles of dirt Overlanding! EPIC! I started in Titus canyon ,then saline valley road ,via south pass, on to the springs for 10 days. Then steel pass/dedeckera canyon called my name,to wich I answered with aired down BFG's on the way to climb the Eureka singing sand dunes! Going up Dedeckera canyon was funner than down. I left the valley over 8" washboard for 20 miles so you can imagine how stoked I was when I came up to the road grader and a perfectly smooth road Making fresh tracks, The Land Cruiser and I climbed steep and intense Lippincott Pass! WOW! walked out on the dry race track to see rock tracks and then around tea kettle junction to hidden valley where I set camp for the night in complete silence under shooting stars. Up at dawn to explore old mines and long forgotten trucks as I climbed up and over Hunter Mountain encountering a large patch of ice from a side spring covering the steep road! I was well rewarded with gifts, including Awesome views of snow covered Sierra Nevada Mountains. Down the Mnt. thru joshua tree forests to HWY. 190 to get fuel, then to devils golf course below sea level and back up,up to Telescope peak (11,050 ft.) to hike 3000 ft. to the Summit where you can gaze at Mt. Whitney(14,500 ft.) and badwater (-282 below sea level) with a single turn of your head! I headed down to break camp and pack up to hit the road. Made it home safely, 800 miles ,driving thru the night in My fj40 with 2 hrs. of rest in 15 hrs to sleep in a real bed in the comfort of my own home,and family.

What no pics of this awesomeness????

Haha sounds like a amazing trip

here we go, sorry for the wait.:beer:
IMG_7673[2].JPG
IMG_7736[1].JPG
IMG_7741[1].JPG
IMG_7768[1].JPG

I'M BACK!!! I just completed a solo 2000 mile round trip FJ40 Expedition to Death Valley including about 300 miles of dirt Overlanding! EPIC! I started in Titus canyon ,then saline valley road ,via south pass, on to the springs for 10 days. Then steel pass/dedeckera canyon called my name,to wich I answered with aired down BFG's on the way to climb the Eureka singing sand dunes! Going up Dedeckera canyon was funner than down. I left the valley over 8" washboard for 20 miles so you can imagine how stoked I was when I came up to the road grader and a perfectly smooth road Making fresh tracks, The Land Cruiser and I climbed steep and intense Lippincott Pass! WOW! walked out on the dry race track to see rock tracks and then around tea kettle junction to hidden valley where I set camp for the night in complete silence under shooting stars. Up at dawn to explore old mines and long forgotten trucks as I climbed up and over Hunter Mountain encountering a large patch of ice from a side spring covering the steep road! I was well rewarded with gifts, including Awesome views of snow covered Sierra Nevada Mountains. Down the Mnt. thru joshua tree forests to HWY. 190 to get fuel, then to devils golf course below sea level and back up,up to Telescope peak (11,050 ft.) to hike 3000 ft. to the Summit where you can gaze at Mt. Whitney(14,500 ft.) and badwater (-282 below sea level) with a single turn of your head! I headed down to break camp and pack up to hit the road. Made it home safely, 800 miles ,driving thru the night in My fj40 with 2 hrs. of rest in 15 hrs to sleep in a real bed in the comfort of my own home,and family.
Sounds like a great trip! Glad you were able to get to Telescope Peak, I think it's one of the highlights of Death Valley.

Looks like I am free for Sunday the 17th. I will coordinate coming down to Roseburg.

I have a family friend's daughter getting married (my wife and my daughter are also helping with cooking the food, so I don't dare skip the wedding) on the 17th so I won't be able to ride along. I found out this evening that the wedding is in Newberg at 6 o'clock. But, if you can call me from somewhere in the Salem area on your way down I would like to meet you. I can meet you at I-5 exit 238 and spend a few minutes meeting before you go on down to Roseburg. I will take a chance and put my cell number out here. 541-979-7704 -- (I'm usually very careful about giving out my cell number) I will also PM you this same info.

Don

Nothing set as far as I know Don, there's still a chance for you to do a ridealong.

there has got to be a faster way to post pics! ugh. more when i can, hope they inspire everyone:cheers:

Silver star membership helps a lot with picture posting;)
Great pictures! So much different than this east coast stuff. Keep them coming!:beer:

OK officially handed to lorax in Roseburg. Grabbed some lunch and talked Toyotas. I rode shotgun with my dad. Here's my dad with lorax and their rigs.

40Baton5.jpg

40Baton6.jpg

Thats right those spots are reserved for "Awesomeness"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom