Real Time Help- Where is the 3FE magic screw? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FZJ is at the machine shop so I’m out here trying to fxxx up my other cruiser.

Where is the magic screw? I want to see if it’s backed out.

FADAE200-21D3-4F01-8D20-20A1E10CDF7E.jpeg

01F9F549-6161-42EB-9BED-863577E4EEF4.jpeg

On one of these?

Is it not the gold one above the TPS?

@jonheld I just want a picture of it. My pictures were a poor attempt of locating it.
Locating WHAT?
What are you looking for?
What are you trying to do?

I'm not The Amazing Kreskin.

magic screw is on the front of the plenum. you're likely looking right at it...it is not very magical, tho. not like it is on the 22RE...

Locating WHAT?
What are you looking for?
What are you trying to do?

I'm not The Amazing Kreskin.

Can you read the fxxxing thread title?
You understand the actions of diaphragms of the engine’s supporting systems, you’ve got tattoos of all of the 3fe’s tolerances, and how to regurgitate the FSM at will, but you are a dickhead in every single post. I only wanted to look at the goddamned screw. I wasn’t going to adjust it or attempt to do anything that you would lambast. We get it, replace everything with OEM, replace the PCV GROMMET AND THE VACUUM HOSES AND EVERY 15k GET THE VALVES DONE.

Thanks @LAMBCRUSHER thats exactly what I was looking for.

:lol: whoa! cheeeeel weeenston:flipoff2:

Can you read the ****ing thread title?
You understand the actions of diaphragms of the engine’s supporting systems, you’ve got tattoos of all of the 3fe’s tolerances, and how to regurgitate the FSM at will, but you are a dickhead in every single post. I only wanted to look at the goddamned screw. I wasn’t going to adjust it or attempt to do anything that you would lambast. We get it, replace everything with OEM, replace the PCV GROMMET AND THE VACUUM HOSES AND EVERY 15k GET THE VALVES DONE.

Thanks @LAMBCRUSHER thats exactly what I was looking for.
ROFL...really?
I asked, "What are you looking for?" and, "What are you trying to do?"
Those are some pretty basic questions. Perhaps if you actually answered them I would be able to help you. But, alas, you instead sank to the depths of insults. Good luck.

Umm, it sounds like he's talking about the fuel rail damper which has a screw under the plastic cap. That "magic screw" sometimes falls out, possibly affecting fuel pressure.

If so, the damper is mounted to the fuel rail.

I thought that screw was supposed to be loose and serve as an indication of FPD operation?

I thought that screw was supposed to be loose and serve as an indication of FPD operation?
No. The screw inside the FPD is preset from the manufacturer. The FPD is simply a small expansion tank with a diaphragm. However, as they get old and crusty, the diaphragm can break down and leak fuel.

Sounds to me like the OP should be looking for the loose screw between his ears. :flipoff2:
How do you post a 3F question, and “slam” “the man on the silver mountain” of 3F knowledge?! I’m thinking bad....bad 3F karma is coming for you!:flipoff2:

FZJ is at the machine shop so I’m out here trying to **** up my other cruiser.

Where is the magic screw? I want to see if it’s backed out.

View attachment 1592490
View attachment 1592492

On one of these?
None of these. The location of the fuel damper is directly behind the valve cover under a grey cap. Don't touch the screw. It's preset and probably has fallen out sitting in the cap. Screwing with it does nothing magical.

Sounds to me like the OP should be looking for the loose screw between his ears. :flipoff2:
How do you post a 3F question, and “slam” “the man on the silver mountain” of 3F knowledge?! I’m thinking bad....bad 3F karma is coming for you!:flipoff2:
I am not the man on the silver mountain. I'm just a guy.
I'm also old enough to realize that sometimes you wake up in the morning and someone has peed in your Cheerios. While the outburst was unwarranted, perhaps he just needed to vent.
I will accept any and all apologies, no questions asked.

Some flowers would be nice though.

I’ll get you some.

ed84d05bf34bb5a2a9a06fc08e5bf3c7--exotic-flowers-strange-flowers.jpg

nature school

dscf1050-jpg.69715

Is this what your talking about above the IAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom