Where to buy oil filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to buy oil filter just cheap , good enough and widely available?

I was thinking wix 51348 pack 12
Or napa gold 1348 ? But open for suggestions

Hoping to get around $5 - $7 per filter , cheaper even better

Where do yo get them usually?

I am located in Vancouver bc
But i can ship to a mailbox in Washington state if i can save on shipping cost

Thx

Looking to buy oil filter just cheap , good enough and widely available?

I was thinking wix 51348 pack 12
Or napa gold 1348 ? But open for suggestions

Hoping to get around $5 - $7 per filter , cheaper even better

Where do yo get them usually?

I am located in Vancouver bc
But i can ship to a mailbox in Washington state if i can save on shipping cost

Thx
looks like Canada have no filters .

I like the M1 5w-30 synthetic with the M1 filter. I saw a special going on at Advance Auto for ~$30 for 5qts plus filter. Twice a year Mobil has rebates of $17 for the combo. Timing is everything!

Purolator PureOne, my local store runs BOGO on them several times a year, works out to about $5/ea.
It's a great oil filter.

Purolator PureOne, my local store runs BOGO on them several times a year, works out to about $5/ea.
It's a great oil filter.

Agreed. The Purolator is a very good oil filter. Excellent choice.

Motorcraft filters (what I normally use) are made by Purolator (to Ford specs) and most use the Purolator classic filtration media (some use the P1). Also the same silicone ADBV. I believe the Motorcraft filters use a bottom mounted BPV (ByPassValve) though, as that is Ford's preference. But either filter (Purolator or Motorcraft) would serve us well enough.

Agreed. The Purolator is a very good oil filter. Excellent choice.

Motorcraft filters (what I normally use) are made by Purolator (to Ford specs) and most use the Purolator classic filtration media (some use the P1). Also the same silicone ADBV. I believe the Motorcraft filters use a bottom mounted BPV (ByPassValve) though, as that is Ford's preference. But either filter (Purolator or Motorcraft) would serve us well enough.

Before Fiat bought them out Mopar oil filters were also made by Purolator, now they are MagMerelli brand but I do not know who makes them.

are the toyota filters good for a 10k OCI?

Toyota recommends 5K miles interval IIRC, so answer would be no.

Keep in mind even with the new 20K miles oil and synthetic filter, 1 year is max for oil.

not recommended but you could, ive seen people go longer intervals without changing the filter, not recommended but possible. it would be better to just change the filter every 5k and just top off the oil that is lost from changing the filter

not recommended but you could, ive seen people go longer intervals without changing the filter, not recommended but possible. it would be better to just change the filter every 5k and just top off the oil that is lost from changing the filter

Or just spend the extra $3 the first time and buy a 10k oil filter.

service interval is still 5k as per toyota

So? You're also supposed to service the u-joints every 5k too, you doing that to or just swapping out the oil filter?
5k is using Toyota oil filter and conventional motor oil. Thats what they set their recommended service intervals at.
But if you up your game to a better oil filter and full synthetic motor oil, 5k is a thing of the past.

My point is, my time is worth more than the few dollars saved on using a cheap oil filter and changing it at 5k and then topping off the engine oil just to do a full service at 10k.
I'd rather spend the money up front and be done with it until 10k.

I run a Motorcraft FL400S on my LX470. You can find them just about anywhere.

Amazon has them for under $3.00 each (free shipping on order over $25.00).

Usually just pick mine up at WalMart.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-FL400S-Oil-Filter/dp/B000AS3D42

I use the same one on both my LX and GS. 1 trip to Walmart gets me 2 filters and 3 jugs of M1 extended performance. Good enough to change the oil in both vehicles with a quart left over. Hard to beat that for convenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom