Builds GXOG: My 2003 GX470 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

*edit* updated the photos too.

I'm a fan of the new tan (Subaru calls it urban khaki, I can't think of what Yota calls it), it looks good contrasted with the black bits in your rendering.
Soo, here's thought. Ever considered the '08 taillight swap, for the clear turns signal lens? It's kind of on my radar (eventually), then silver spray the bulb.

I am getting the rear door wrapped at the level of the bumper to complete the two tone skirt. Also adding matte vinyl to the hood. I like the stock rear lenses for some reason. Just look good to me. Also rebuilding my coilovers and replacing my tie rods after an alignment tech decided to play forged with fire and weld the billet aluminum shaft to the adjustment threads.

Lots of maintenance done. Have a leaking front output seal on the tcase I am fixing tomorrow, but new coilovers, uniballs, brakes, nitro rear axles, fluids, filters, rear axle reseal, New front hubs, New tie rods, poly rack bushings, and a handful of little things. Almost ready for wheeling season!

Dan - love the build but wanted to ask about the camping light setup you refer to back on page 16 or so. It looks like the links to any pictures you posted have died.

What is the light and do you have any pics of it?

Hmm. I don't remember! I have replaced and upgraded a lot. I actually had most of my LEDs custom made years ago.

All PM done! Just have to get my new wheels and vinyl and I am ready to head west!

FF4EF4AF-7C9F-4BC1-A703-5F14CCF5DCE3.jpeg

Updated the first post with recent changes. New wheels and vinyl!

Dan on the antirock rear sway bar does the brake line go through the notch on the weld on bracket ?
It looks close to the brake line and abs wire .

Yes it does

Epoxy body filler

Here is one you haven't seen before:

32621961_1953032511676544_3568118422740926464_n.jpg

Nomad HD valve body installed and electronic torque converter lockout is installed and functional!

Just waiting for the fuel tank to come in from down under and she will be ready for the Rubithon!

New springs are perfect in the back. Valve body is in and TCC is functional. She's a beaut!

Just waiting for the fuel tank to come in from down under and she will be ready for the Rubithon!

New springs are perfect in the back. Valve body is in and TCC is functional. She's a beaut!

What Brand are the new springs Dan?

Slinky from 4xoverland.com.au via Cruiser Bros. Progressive long travel, 800-1000#, tapered coils with progressive stack. Very impressive. For every set they make they scrap 4 or something like that. If they aren't perfect they go to recycling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom