Water build up question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So during the wet months, I've notice a water "swooshing" sound coming from my lower driver's side. I can't tell exactly where it is. When Im at a stop and start going, I can here the water rush. If I push it in reverse from a stop, I can hear the water rush again.

I've opened both doors and swung them back and forth, doesn't sound like the waters in there. I've also taken off the running boards to fit sliders.

I'm guessing there's a drain plug clogged, but I cant see it. Nor did I have any luck in the FSM or searching on here. In the summer, the sound is gone, like the build up has drain completely or evaporated

Any ideas?

There are drain holes in the bottom of the rocker panels. They look like little vertical ribs on the inner surface. You may need to clean them out.

Just pulled this rubber cap off and water came gushing out. Do I have to take the rocker moulding off to get to the drain holes? I don't see anything besides 8 bolts when I get down and look

IMG_20171125_135857670.jpg

The "slits" are inside close the pinch weld at the bottom of rocker. Sliders make them a little hard to see.

Look underneath the rocker panel. There are several (5 I think) plugs about half the size of the ones on the inner face. Use a zip tie to fish the crap out of the drain slits. You'll see them if you look for them.

Look underneath the rocker panel. There are several (5 I think) plugs about half the size of the ones on the inner face. Use a zip tie to fish the crap out of the drain slits. You'll see them if you look for them.
Exactly what I did. Everythings good now. Not what I imagined the drains to look like when I looked before hopping on here

Can you post a photo of one or two of the slit drains? Thanks!

Thanks ! I’ll have to look at mine later this week.

Some of mine were clogged with with whatever body seal product the PO used. I ended up taking a fairly large screwdriver and opening the little slits up a little more. They all work a charm now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom