cheap tool for t-post fences, huge time saver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought this tool at Tractor Supply yesterday: Clip Bender at Tractor Supply Co.

I paid retail, and have no affiliation with TSC or the manufacturer.

If you're stringing fence and using t-posts and t-post clips, you need this tool. Saves your hands, cuts down the time you spend on installing the clips by at least 50%. Huge time saver.

Treat yo'self!
IMG_7498.JPG

Pics of it in action would be helpful.

click the link, it goes to a video of the tool in action

Man, I thought I was fast using a big nail and an old boiler pliers. I even built a cart to unroll the field fence, didn't know they sold one.

Thanks!

Man, I thought I was fast using a big nail and an old boiler pliers. I even built a cart to unroll the field fence, didn't know they sold one.

Thanks!
@scrapdaddy yeah, I lucked out in that my neighbor had that fence rolling platform for the back of the tractor. I called him looking for something else to do the job and he said, "I'll do you one better." It's been a huge time-saver: I'm working alone, and those rolls weigh around 300 lbs, I think.

The hand tool for installing the clips is just friggin awesome. I did another 2 dozen posts yesterday, and I've got to say that installing the clips is the most efficient part of the process at this point.

I couldnt care less about the tool. That 40 is SAWEET!

I bought this tool at Tractor Supply yesterday: Clip Bender at Tractor Supply Co.

I paid retail, and have no affiliation with TSC or the manufacturer.

If you're stringing fence and using t-posts and t-post clips, you need this tool. Saves your hands, cuts down the time you spend on installing the clips by at least 50%. Huge time saver.

Treat yo'self!View attachment 1566512

Yup. One of the handiest things ever here on the ranch. Makes all those years with custom bent craftsmen screwdrivers seem like a wasted youth!

Yup. One of the handiest things ever here on the ranch. Makes all those years with custom bent craftsmen screwdrivers seem like a wasted youth!
@cowboyjack, glad you've discovered that tool, too.

I wish the creator was on the Mud forums. I can say with 100% confidence that the $14 bucks for this tool was the best $14 I've spent, possibly ever!

We have a few of those, work OK, but started making our own. We work with Forest, so do repair much more often than install. They have a deep bore on one end, where the clip is, handy for bending wire. Most of the time, don't have clips, etc, just carry a short hunk of wire, regular pliers and this tool. Making clips, splicing wire, etc, is easy with this tool, is way compact, fits in a pocket, etc.
Fence_Clip.jpg

We have a few of those, work OK, but started making our own. We work with Forest, so do repair much more often than install. They have a deep bore on one end, where the clip is, handy for bending wire. Most of the time, don't have clips, etc, just carry a short hunk of wire, regular pliers and this tool. Making clips, splicing wire, etc, is easy with this tool, is way compact, fits in a pocket, etc.
View attachment 1592770

Good looking tool! What do you make it out of?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom