What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fixed my speedometer. No more guessing what my speed is.
If any of you have oversize tires and the speedometer is off this about the only way I've found to fix the issue.
Commercial Speedometer in Sacramento, CA is who I purchased from, $90, a little pricey, but the speedo being off would bug the crap out of me.

View attachment 1592009

View attachment 1592010

View attachment 1592011
I'm curious as to what size KO2 you are running. Also, how long did you take you to install?

Took a drive with a few folks last Saturday hunting for Christmas Trees. @Kleatus

First #Cruisemas Tree Hunt.

IMG_5434.JPG

IMG_5415.JPG

IMG_5438.JPG

IMG_5419.JPG

Few more:

The wife and boy were champs with the whole thing. Since it was the first time for us I'm glad it worked out as well as I did.

IMG_5389.JPG

IMG_5433.JPG

IMG_5430.JPG

@Kleatus with a tree

IMG_5398.JPG

IMG_5441.JPG

Fixed my speedometer. No more guessing what my speed is.
If any of you have oversize tires and the speedometer is off this about the only way I've found to fix the issue.
Commercial Speedometer in Sacramento, CA is who I purchased from, $90, a little pricey, but the speedo being off would bug the crap out of me.

View attachment 1592009

View attachment 1592010

View attachment 1592011

Awesome find. I think more info on what percentage you settled on would be helpful to all of us running 33" tires. Thinking that this is my next must have upgrade.

Two months ago, my tire on my DD blew out near Yakima and it helped me decide on new wheels. I went with the 70 series wheels from @beno and toyo MTs based on good feedback from @lechnito.
7055C5F8-D281-4CEE-A3DC-94A71E862566.jpeg

It feels like a totally different truck since the change. The 255/85 are perfect with the H55F. To quote @lechnito, “It feels like I’m riding around on top of a unicorn.”

Last edited:
Awesome find. I think more info on what percentage you settled on would be helpful to all of us running 33" tires. Thinking that this is my next must have upgrade.
Never realized I didn't clarify what percentage I used. Initially I asked for 12.5%, the closest gear combo they had was 12.3%. The speedometer is 1 mph off at times, but I'll take that over what it used to be.

Plucking a donor 2F to go into the blue 85 I picked up a few months ago. This motor has 155k and 150-160psi in each cylinder. Came out of the copper ranch truck I cut up (due to rust) the other week. The motor has not run in 7-8 years. I soaked it with marvel mystery oil, turned the crank, stuck the hose in a jug of fuel and it fired right up :). Will spend some time resealing it and cleaning/painting it a bit. The blue truck is pretty nice but missing the motor. Body has 161k so this should be a good union. Will fix the quarters, blend the paint and do some interior work. Should be a fun project.
6D4303F8-34F6-4BD8-BCDD-55B36E769CB4.jpeg
798937D0-D971-43C2-AAE9-89703E586824.jpeg
16B10BFD-EED6-490A-B05A-A767BF537F47.jpeg

Two months ago, my tire on my DD blew out near Yakima and it helped me decide on new wheels. I went with the 70 series wheels from @beno and toyo MTs based on good feedback from @lechnito.

It feels like a totally different truck since the change. The 255/85 are perfect with the H55F. To quote @lechnito, “It feels like I’m riding around on top of a unicorn.”

Looking good, my dude! Time to get some mud under those tires now :)

Plucking a donor 2F to go into the blue 85 I picked up a few months ago. This motor has 155k and 150-160psi in each cylinder. Came out of the copper ranch truck I cut up (due to rust) the other week. The motor has not run in 7-8 years. I soaked it with marvel mystery oil, turned the crank, stuck the hose in a jug of fuel and it fired right up :). Will spend some time resealing it and cleaning/painting it a bit. The blue truck is pretty nice but missing the motor. Body has 161k so this should be a good union. Will fix the quarters, blend the paint and do some interior work. Should be a fun project. View attachment 1592554View attachment 1592555View attachment 1592556

Good looking 60 Jimmy. Looks similar to my DD.

The place is old school. Just call and tell them what you have, what percentage of correction you are looking for and that’s it. Nice people.
The tcase/transmission hose is from SOR

Did you post a name for this place and number we could call? I will be getting 33's come spring time. Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom