Molded Carpet & Vinyl Sets and Wheel Well/Arch Covers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

do you still have grey wheel well covers for FJ60?

The covers only work if you have the rear shoulder belt covers from a 62 series. Otherwise the "ear" is not incorporated into the cover.

J

62 belt covers.jpg

do you have a picture without the cover so I can see? Fabbing something for that would be so much easier than the well. Is there room for the wires to go up the front side of the well?

I'll try and get you one tomorrow.
Just happened to take some a few days ago, with and without the cover:

Rear-Seat-Belt-Installation-23.jpg

Rear-Seat-Belt-Installation-28.jpg

Rear-Seat-Belt-Installation-30.jpg

Cargo-Area-Installation-7.jpg

Note that these are photos of my '86 FJ60, modified to accomodate the rear wire harness and retractor, using hardware and trim from my '89 FJ62 donor vehicle (seen in the background). The photos don't show the grey carpet wheel well covers I bought from Jason - carpet installation throughout the FJ60 is still a few weeks away.

Last edited:
Used OEM from my '89 FJ62. The FJ62 was one of my daily drivers until a few years ago. Other than one day taking some co-workers to lunch about five years ago, I don't believe anyone ever road in the back seat since I bought the vehicle (for my eventual '86 FJ60 project) about 15 years ago.

Used OEM from my '89 FJ62. The FJ62 was one of my daily drivers until a few years ago. Other than one day taking some co-workers to lunch about five years ago, I don't believe anyone ever road in the back seat since I bought the vehicle (for my eventual '86 FJ60 project) about 15 years ago.

My aftermarket belt covers should be dialed in soon. I think I've figured out an easy mod to use the regular upper 60 cover.

J

Interested in charcoal carpet for my new (Beno's!) 60. Missed the cutoff by a day.

All,

This will be my last order for awhile. AU Creations Co has bought out another carpet company in QLD, AU and will be transitioning to that facility over the next 2-4 months. Larger facility and also more cruiser offerings.

I will post up when I can order again.

What I have left:

Floor mat sets for 60 and 62 in charcoal and brown
4- charcoal full carpet sets
1- brown full carpet sets
3- yards of brown vinyl, roll material

Jason

Last edited:
Finally getting around to installing the kit I ordered for my 62. Got everything ripped out today. Any tips on installation from people that have been through it?

Finally getting around to installing the kit I ordered for my 62. Got everything ripped out today. Any tips on installation from people that have been through it?

I start at the front and work back. Spend quality time at the trans tunnel to make sure the front section is centered.

For the bolt holes, use a soldering iron or a hot screw driver. Not necessary just a cleaner install and the carpet won't grab on the bolt when turning.

Take your time and make small cuts. If you rush the install it will show.

J

I would recommend placing the seat bolts in and placing weights as you make each cut. The carpet tends to shift if its not locked down. Wait to cut the extra off at the doors until everything else is installed. x2 on heating every cut to stop unraveling. Make a slice or burned hole for every screw. The cargo trim will go much easier if you do. Do it all by hand, no power tools.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom