SD40 big window carb leaking. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow! I hope my big window carb I just sent Mark isn’t that bad. Crossed fingers.

No, it's not Arne. I opened up your box after dinner last night and tore it down before I went to bed. Warpage way more typical. Your carb is actually a good candidate for a resto. I'll post to your thread when I'm further along. Got to go grab some breakfast before my 7am appointment.

Mission accomplished
B9A09BBA-E6B6-4AE4-BF51-381F5C908430.jpeg

If Mark made Jeremy’s carb look that good, I’m feeling really good about mine. And I’m ok with Mark treating his method as a trade secret, he has to have some incentive to offer people.

Ok I realize carbs suck (literally!) but what could possibly cause that warping? Extreme heat? Bad day at the foundry? Falling off the top shelf at the local Toyota parts store?

Based purely on my observation that this phenomenon continued , albeit to a lesser extent, up through 1974, but did not continue with the 2F carburetors, which have a different finish to them, I think metallurgy played a significant role.

Here’s a pic Jeremy. I didn’t think I was going to get @oregon fj done before yours left, but thanks to a save from McMaster, they’re both done in time. Yours is the one on the left.
9F202029-F31E-4299-80F0-F6CFD7606BEC.jpeg

@65swb45 - Mark, that is great to see. I suspect you will call me shortly about payment and the other parts I would like to get from you with this shipment? Can’t wait...

@65swb45 - Mark, that is great to see. I suspect you will call me shortly about payment and the other parts I would like to get from you with this shipment? Can’t wait...

Will call you in a few. Just finishing up with my son moving some heavy stuff I’d rather have help with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom