Front swaybar quick disconnects revisited and tested (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This was known. And you may recall I asked you about the strength of the cotter pin and lateral forces. As far as the cycling is concerned, the left / right sides were checked, but not the center. I’m not clear if that would have influenced the two pins coming out.

HOOP THERE IT IS!!!! ▲:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:▲ You answered your problem THANK YOU!

Please anyone purchasing our Swaybar Disconnects take @Iceaxe advice and READ THE INSTRUCTION AND CYCLE YOUR SUSPENSION PROPERLY for best results:)

Maybe there should be a separate thread just for disputes/arguments that go on and on.

Partly my fault for feeding the thread but its my thread and so far its been good for sales.

Orders placed today ship today:)

Ok, so how about you be clear for all of these supposed customers.

That if you fail to check the center of the rig, you risk losing your brakes and ABS.

And because you elected to feed the thread, let’s remind everyone you actually did NOT have instructions on cycling the suspension or explained any of this before the mishap occurred.

Sorry chief. Had you been a bit more gentlemanly here, this wouldn’t have been so painful.

But maybe now you will. You’re welcome. But don’t expect more business from this customer.

But maybe now you will. You’re welcome. But don’t expect more business from this customer.

Thanks for taking the time to understand why you had a problem and clarification that the product is solid.
Happy Holidays to you and your family:santa::candycane:

Ok, so how about you be clear for all of these supposed customers.
TL;DR version:
Customer:
- purchased disconnects
- ignored explicit instructions while installing parts because he didn't understand terms used in the instructions
- failed to seek clarification from manufacturer or other suspension expert
- went balls out on washboard roads
- ignored rattling noise because he thought it was his janky exhaust
- lost both pins
- realized brake lines had been severed and all brake fluid lost
- continued to drive down Yankee Boy Basin using his hand brake only
- blamed manufacturer for putting his kids at risk
- accused other posters of being 'supposed customers'
- accused manufacturer of not being gentlemanly because manufacturer refused to bear responsibility for customer's failure to understand/follow instructions.

Uh, sorry but nice try.

The instructions sent did not include any of this. Ah, and do other people (eg people in the Jeep community) have issues with sway bar disconnects using cotter pins from Ace Hardware? Yes, yes they do. Clarification? Sure, obtained after the damage.

You guys can keep acting like a bunch of asses about this but the point still stands. The manufacturer needs to update the instructions he sends to all of these worldwide customers.

But hey, keep posting more BS. I can keep going all day.

@Iceaxe The truth is you have made some bad choices, lied to the people on MUD, and attempted to discredit me and my product in total unfairness. I spent/wasted the time to re-read the thread and the PM we had together. Below is the first post concerning YOUR problem and there are MANY MORE discrepancy and lies that follow I can post if needed. FIRST -Leaving the swaybar unsecured as noted in your post, really! (see below) As you and anyone with a 1/2 of brain can see you did not exhibit common sense and used VERY poor judgment.

The thread continues - I posted what I thought your problem was and how to properly lift from the center to check for clearance. You claimed you did and all was clear. ◄LIE post #344

At this point you know you have problem but continue to use the Swaybar disconnects on your trip to Colorado (with your family):doh: where you claim you lost your brake lines, ABS, yata yata. You blamed Swaybar Disconnects for jeopardizing the safety of your family when in fact you knew you had a problem that you failed to address, real dumb move on your part. Your family deserves more and you should be ashamed of yourself.

You need to step up and be a man and be fully accountable for your poor choices, actions, and apologize to the people on MUD.

Mods feel free to delete this wasted bandwidth at any time

iceaxe post #233

Phil, I returned from Cruise Moab, having done Kokopelli with the swaybar disconnect system installed. Left the cotter pins in the brackets at the axle and didn't pin the sway bar up on the frame. Broke both pins, damaged the driver's side sway bar bracket (bent it to hell), and tripped off the ABS light. Almost severed a brake line.

Bought new cotter pins, this time pinned the sway bar up against the frame. Did the first part of Moab Rim, then on to the Pickle. One cotter pin missing on the passenger side. Again threatened loose sway bar with brake lines at risk.

I think my recommendation would be to advise anyone using this system to use the original screw, washer, and locking washer to secure the sway bar at the axle and frame. To do otherwise is dangerous.

Side note- I did drive the rig at high speed without the sway bar connected. My rig is capable of stable cruising at 90 MPH, so it was a good test.While some drive their rigs without the sway bar connected, I found it to be unstable at high speeds and highly unadvisable to leave it disconnected if you are planning to drive home on the highway. This is in full agreement with Christo's advise on this matter.

Last edited:
Hawaiian Pizza
Total Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes

Classic Hawaiian Pizza is a staple on our Friday nights. This crowd-pleasing recipe starts with my fluffy homemade pizza crust and is finished with a sprinkle of crisp bacon. It's love at first bite.

Print Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 recipe homemade pizza crust 1
  • 1/2 cup (127g) pizza sauce, or more depending how much you like (homemade or store-bought)
  • 1 and 1/2 cups (6oz or 168g) shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup (75g) cooked ham or Canadian bacon, sliced or chopped
  • 1/2 cup (82g) pineapple chunks (canned or fresh)
  • 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
    Powered by Chicory
Directions:
  1. Prepare the pizza dough through step 11, including preheating the oven to 475F as described in step 8.
  2. After waiting 15 minutes as described in step 11, top with pizza sauce, then the mozzarella cheese, then the ham/Canadian bacon, and pineapple. Sprinkle with bacon crumbles.
  3. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling. For the last minute, I move the oven rack to the top rack to really brown the edges. That's optional. Remove from the oven. Slice pizza and serve immediately. Store leftover pizza covered tightly in the refrigerator and reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices may be frozen up to 1 month.

Hawaiian Pizza
Total Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes

Classic Hawaiian Pizza is a staple on our Friday nights. This crowd-pleasing recipe starts with my fluffy homemade pizza crust and is finished with a sprinkle of crisp bacon. It's love at first bite.

Print Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 recipe homemade pizza crust 1
  • 1/2 cup (127g) pizza sauce, or more depending how much you like (homemade or store-bought)
  • 1 and 1/2 cups (6oz or 168g) shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup (75g) cooked ham or Canadian bacon, sliced or chopped
  • 1/2 cup (82g) pineapple chunks (canned or fresh)
  • 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled