What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am due to replace my radiator too. Just a small leak that hasn't gotten worse in the three years I've had this beast.
I did change all 8.5 quarts of oil today and checked to see if the 4-speed was full. Ninety weight started dripping out of the fill hole, it looked clean, but foamy. I suspect it hasn't been changed in the 107k miles, but I don't know. The fill plug and drain plug didn't show any signs of abuse like you get from those quick lube places. Hmmm?
What are you all's thoughts on foamy 90 W? The color looked like rust too.
What's the gear oil level look like in your transfer case? If low it may be pumping oil up into the transmission past a failed seal.

I didn't check that yet as it was getting dark, but I shall do so tomorrow. I doubt that's the case, but making sure is easy enough to check. Thank you.

Here is the result of the Con-ferr foot attachment getting soaked in Apple Cider vinegar for 48 hours. I like the natural look and will not paint them. It removed all rust whilst keeping some patina...amazing natural way to remove rust safely.

20171212_100555.jpg

Last edited:
I've been fighting with (and still am) whether I should sell my FJ62 once I hit the bottom of Argentina (currently driving an American registered FJ62 from Los Angeles down there), or if I should ship it to Denmark... Reason says no. Heart says HELL YEAH! There's so much I still want to do on the FJ62, and if I sell it, it probably won't get done.

If I sell it I might be able to find another one for future overlander-projects in Europe... Not very likely... And it wouldn't be the same no matter which one I find :-( However I have been thinking... And I love the FJ62, but it's not cheap to drive it 25000 miles. So maybe a 100-series would be better for a future drive.

Shoot me down guys. Heart or reason? 100-series or stay with 60-series?? View attachment 1588183

Oh, tough one... But if you can find a hj61 i denmark or netherlands, you'll be covered. I'd not swap the 60 series for anything. I love the 100's too, but it still does not compare to a 60/61/62

Made another 4 eyed friend up on North Shore!

View attachment 1589040
You past us coming into Haleiwa as we were leaving for a soccer game Saturday morning! We recently moved to a house right across the street from Ali'i Beach park, you should let us know next time you come down to Haleiwa.

Not the weekend, but I received the title in the mail from the DMV. Mine had a questionable heritage, so this was a good win!

So the BFG KO2 were installed (31x10.5) and with the Euro Mirrors, it looks like the Land Cruiser I had pictured in my mind. The BFG KO2 are so quiet and comfortable. (BTW, BJ Wholesale have a sale on BFGoodrich tires and installed (Save $80.00), expires soon). I should have the Con-Ferr rack installed tomorrow. My Saginaw power steering pump replacement is next. ;)

20171214_090914.png

That is a really sharp 60. Can't see a single flaw :cool:

Yup very nice looking 60 and like that you kept the white lettering OUT.
Thanks. I know Lettering Out or not is a preference. I know most young Thunder Cats today choose Black Out. lol. But, I'm the product of the 80s and most ran letters out back in the day and I think it looks on white FJ60s.

Last edited:
So the BFG KO2 were installed (31x10.5) and with the Euro Mirrors, it looks like the Land Cruiser I had pictured in my mind. The BFG KO2 are so quiet and comfortable. (BTW, BJ Wholesale have a sale on BFGoodrich tires and installed (Save $80.00), expires soon). I should have the Con-Ferr rack installed tomorrow. My Saginaw power steering pump replacement is next. ;)

View attachment 1591350
WoW!
Your cruiser is looking good!
Those mirrors look great! Nice find.

View attachment 1588763 View attachment 1588765 Messing with the 60 has been interrupted by a needed clutch job on my sister in laws 2000 4runner. I’m guessing it was worn out :). Worst I’ve ever seen. And this tranny was a bi**h to get out. Not looking forward to reloading it.

Wow. Could make a replacement windmill fan. Or a chebby fan. Never seen nuttin like dat.

Fixed my speedometer. No more guessing what my speed is.
If any of you have oversize tires and the speedometer is off this about the only way I've found to fix the issue.
Commercial Speedometer in Sacramento, CA is who I purchased from, $90, a little pricey, but the speedo being off would bug the crap out of me.

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom