Don't buy heater core from Ebay seller radsus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jmcclusk

SILVER Star
Threads
Took my money a month ago, no communication, way past latest ship date now, and non-responsive to requests for the heater core or any status. Going to try forcing an Ebay/paypal refund tomorrow.

Anyone have a line on a heater core? If not I guess I'll try my luck with a local radiator shop rebuild of mine.

Those heater cores are NLA - anywhere - The only one I've seen listed is that expensive one on Flea-bay. Too bad the shop is lousy.

A good Rad shop will be able to repair yours or build a new one.

Radiator Repair PDF Worksheet

Used these guys twice for dirt bike radiators when I got a little too close to trees. Very good work, fast turn around times, great on prices.

Got a full refund automatically today. Now just out the month I waited. w/e I'll get my shop to rebuild it. I'll check out the options you guys suggested as well, thanks.

If you're after a used one to get tested and cleaned before you pull the one in the truck, I'm sure Mark at www.marksoffroad.net has them. He's parted quite a few 60s. Have to call.

818-953-9230

I look into that, thats what I was really going for, didn't want to have the 60 down for week(s) waiting for the turnaround on the rebuild.

My experience with mylers was after a quick phone call I sent out the radiator. It went from Vermont to Utah and back again with the repair in less than a week. One was about $85 iirc and it was aluminum and looked like a spiral when I sent it. FYI a dirt bike typically has two radiators and new they run about $300 each.

Good to know about Radsus @jmcclusk as I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one of his. Did you ever get a response from him or just the Paypal reimbursement? Just replaced my radiator that was split and now that that is working properly I am still not getting much heat from the heater. Thinking I am going to have to pull the dash apart to see what is going on in there first before pulling the heater core as this is my DD. Don't really feel like biking to work when it is in the teens when I leave!

Before you tear into the dash, check the inlet and outlet lines to the heater for a temperature difference. If they are close to the same, and all heater valves are open, then the heater core may be clogged or damper doors not working. The inlet/outlet temps should be significantly different when the heater is working correctly and the fan is on high.

Before you tear into the dash, check the inlet and outlet lines to the heater for a temperature difference. If they are close to the same, and all heater valves are open, then the heater core may be clogged or damper doors not working. The inlet/outlet temps should be significantly different when the heater is working correctly and the fan is on high.
Ok thanks Steve, I will give that a look tonight when I am home from work.

Good to know about Radsus @jmcclusk as I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one of his. Did you ever get a response from him or just the Paypal reimbursement? Just replaced my radiator that was split and now that that is working properly I am still not getting much heat from the heater. Thinking I am going to have to pull the dash apart to see what is going on in there first before pulling the heater core as this is my DD. Don't really feel like biking to work when it is in the teens when I leave!
no, I never got any response, just refund. Still need to dive in and fix this... its getting cold! Good luck with yours!

Not a cold place where I live, but all mods get my interest.
I saw a post of a guy that was installing a heater called "Webasto", an option maybe?

fyi the heater core part number for the FJ60 is 87107-90A00
You can paste that number on google and search the best price from some good shops.

The Webasto heaters I am familiar with are fender mount and work separately of the engine. They tie into the coolant system and have their own pump and they draw fuel from your main tank. They are nice in that they can be put on a timer so that they turn on and run a given time before you leave for work (as an example). They heat and circulate the coolant so when you go to get in your truck the engine is prewarmed and the cab may have heat as well if you have a fan to circulate it. They can also act as a heater booster when the engine is running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom