Stock Bumper Winch Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am wanting to get a winch to put on my stock front bumper, what do I need for hardware to mount?

I am wanting to get a winch to put on my stock front bumper, what do I need for hardware to mount?

The basis for most of the stock bumper mounts is the winch mounting plate sold be Harbor Freight and very similar ones by at least one other supplier whose name escapes me right now. it attaches to the bottom of the frame rails and back from the front bumper. After that, it basically about cutting a hole to allow the fairlead to project through the bumper face.

I used Harbor Freight Winch plate $50 and put a Ramsey Rep 8000 behind my stock bumper. I did have to buy 2 longer metric bolts and 4 heavy washers to use as a spacer between the plate and frame rail. So far good to go actually used it to pull myself over a rock at Beasley Knob. Rest of the time used winch to pull buddy's out. Measure twice on the cutout in bumper and winch fairlead will be a pia to get the bolts in but doable.

I used Harbor Freight Winch plate $50 and put a Ramsey Rep 8000 behind my stock bumper. I did have to buy 2 longer metric bolts and 4 heavy washers to use as a spacer between the plate and frame rail. So far good to go actually used it to pull myself over a rock at Beasley Knob. Rest of the time used winch to pull buddy's out. Measure twice on the cutout in bumper and winch fairlead will be a pia to get the bolts in but doable.

Can you post some pics of this?

Here's a photo of my hidden winch. Plus a link to the build. Factory bumper hidden winch install
img_0029-jpg.1403902

Thanks for the pics and links. And you can't beat a good mouser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom