new tacomas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Whats the biggest tire yall are running on the new bone stock tacomas without a lift. Im assuming 33's all day.

255 85 r16 will fit, that is what I am replacing my stock tires with once they wear down

Do you guys have any photos of the 255/85/16's mounted on a stock prerunner Tacoma? I agree that these tires should fit stock just eye balling it. may rub when at full turn on uneven terrain though.

I have 255/85r16 Cooper ST Maxx on my Tacoma. Bone stock TRD off road. I don’t rub. There is a long thread on tacomaworld about the same size. No rubbing even for the guys that do more serious wheeling.
77A76CC3-14A9-4F4E-8A9D-8ABA74DA44D8.jpeg

I have 255/85r16 Cooper ST Maxx on my Tacoma. Bone stock TRD off road. I don’t rub. There is a long thread on tacomaworld about the same size. No rubbing even for the guys that do more serious wheeling.
View attachment 1597620

Can you share a picture from the front?

Whats the biggest tire yall are running on the new bone stock tacomas without a lift. Im assuming 33's all day.

I see guys talk about running 285/75/16 bone stock. The consensus is that they fit but may have to take off mud flaps and trim a small portion of the wheel well splash guard.

265/75/16 will definitely fit and they look the best IMO, they also allow for max suspension travel / no speedo offset / and you can get them in SL and C load range.

I'm am running stock 265/70/16 until they wear out, that way I can put money into suspension and armor. They are adequate. My next set will be either 265/75/16 or 255/85/16 (tall and narrow; but only come in E load range. MPG will suffer from a heavier tire...

285s will rub the cab body mounts... I would highly recommend 255s until you can trim/relocate the cab mounts. I ran two sets of 255s (KM2s) before going bigger, and I was very pleased. I think the extra weight is negligible as far as MPG. In my opinion 255s are a better option than 285s on these trucks. They are a little taller, and they hook very well in the rocks. As a matter of fact, there are situations where my 255s did better than my 315s, simply because they put so much weight in a small area, if that makes sense.

However, if you are just going for looks, 265/75s are the way to go. They actually correct the speedo, as it's 2-3 mph slow from the factory, and they look pretty good.

In the end, it's all personal preference, but for my money, if you're wheeling it, 255s are hands down the way to go, unless you want to do a lot of modifications.

I would also suggest sticking with 32's (265/75/16's), unless you're doing some serious rock crawling. In which case, you'd need a whole lot more than just 33's.

You can get to a LOT of places with 32's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom