2/75 rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Starting to come around a little. Trimmed the excess metal out. Flopped it over and started welding the nuts in.
DSCN0838.JPG

Probably should have cleaned it really good before I started, didn't have anything that worked really well at the time. If I ever go to town that day is shot. The mounting flange was pretty rotten so it got tacked in, that was a Bi$#%!
DSCN0839.JPG
Man!
DSCN0840.JPG

I know pretty damn ugly. Some where along the way it was decided the drain holes should be filled in, sooo it happened.
DSCN0844.JPG

DSCN0812.JPG

Don't know how that last pic got there, oh well. Thank you very much Danny @pngunme, that's means a lot.
DSCN0846.JPG

Getting there slowly but surely.
DSCN0847.JPG

Finally got something to clean it up. I tried everything I had around the shop, PB Blaster, WD40, paint stripper, The bug and Tar remover did it.
DSCN0849.JPG
After it was cleaned up, welded in a little angle to reinforce it. Then put a couple of coats of primer on.
DSCN0852.JPG
Not bad I guess.
DSCN0923.JPG

Dang impressive work as usual..... uh, still haven’t shown them Chevelle pics though! o_O

Gator, I really like your work.

It has been too long since I have been able to work on my rig.....

Some people find peace looking at the ocean, a mountian, the Grand Canyon....

I am finding peace looking at pictures of your work to your 40.

:beer:

Gator, I really like your work.

It has been too long since I have been able to work on my rig.....

Some people find peace looking at the ocean, a mountian, the Grand Canyon....

I am finding peace looking at pictures of your work to your 40.

Damn @oldschool4wheeling, that's one heck of a compliment. Thank you.

Gator, I saw a pretty cool time lapse build video in chat by Matt1260. In case you missed it I figured I’d post a link. Guessing you might like seeing it. How to Build a Land Cruiser in 15 minutes

Lmao, I'm going to check that out. thanks @thebigredrocker , I spent most of the day taking stuff back apart in the 40. You might have noticed the bright light indicator lens was missing, I also didn't see the rubber gasket in the bottom of the box it was all in. I had to go back in it anyway to replace the oil pressure gauge, so it all got straightened out. Then the plastic wire connectors coming from the blinker switch, just looked to ratty, while I was at it swapped out the bolts in steering column bucket, and on and on lol.

Holy Comoly, I need those guys over here. That was awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom