Is this bad? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LS1FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
A buddy of mine’s sons 4Runner. Don’t know much about 4Runnera. Have always had Land Cruisers. I think this is the rear sway bar mount, if I’m not mistaken.

Can this just be welded back? Can it be removed? Is it necessary?

Thanks

40FF8DE0-294B-47FD-A13B-4A3A1B9DD15C.jpeg

A buddy of mine’s sons 4Runner. Don’t know much about 4Runnera. Have always had Land Cruisers. I think this is the rear sway bar mount, if I’m not mistaken.

Can this just be welded back? Can it be removed? Is it necessary?

Thanks

View attachment 1590088
That's the rear trailing arm. Looks like the frame is rusted out. A skilled fabricator may be able to fab a replacement piece, but it looks like their is nothing to weld to but rust. So likely it needs a new frame.

Yeah, that’s what it looks like to me too. Haven’t seen it in person.

He originally wanted an 80 Series (our sons are friends) but he got this crusty 4Runner instead.

might be worth taking to a toyota dealer. for a while they were replacing frames but that was years ago. Im down in the south where they dont salt roads but the local dealer had done a frame swap for a truck from up north

some hardcore people would say just clean that and paint with por15 :rofl::rofl:

I would consider that unsafe to drive on a road

That's really bad. How does it drive? :D

Sideways sometimes. In a circle other times.

He got a guy to weld it for $150. Had to cut out a bunch of frame...

might be worth taking to a toyota dealer. for a while they were replacing frames but that was years ago. Im down in the south where they dont salt roads but the local dealer had done a frame swap for a truck from up north

I would consider that unsafe to drive on a road

4runner was never included in the frame recall. it was only certain year tacos, tundras and some sequoias

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom