ARB Intensity - "knockoff" or "unbranded" versions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking at the ARB website, these are equivalent in size to the bigger AR32.

024433D4-4C6F-4EAB-9C99-6EEF83AD0A2F.png

3F4805B6-2C32-4E29-A447-D23884E968C1.png

I have a set of the Aurora in combo beam, I got them off Alibaba. I told them I wanted to order one pair with a harness as a sample to test. The lights were $72 each, harness was $16, shipping $115, paypal fee $10 and they took about 10 days to arrive. I've seen the $149 ARB knockoff from amazon and the Aurora are way better quality. I should have them installed soon and will add some pics.

9CE0D6D0-BBAE-413B-B790-70B92821BDDC.jpeg

These look similar too! Anyone run these?? A guy on the Tacoma forum does and they’re inexpensive

Xprite 96 Watt 9-inch Cree LED Fog Spotlight and Round Work Lamp with Roof Bar Bumper (2-Pack, Red) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017L9MF0A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_GLRjAbXDTR9K2

If those Aurora’s weren’t so pricey to ship I’d definitely like a pair, quality looks to be quite nice

Last edited:
Did any of these come with the additional fog pattern lens covers?

In Februari 2018 I will be traveling through Sweden and since there will only about 5 hours of daylight I figured I needed some extra lights.
Did some research and came across the "LED" knockoff's.

Today I received my pair of the lights (with clear lenses).
light.png

I must say I'm impressed by the build quality and the amount of light for this price.
I've only tested them in my office, but will post more pics later.

I was interested in power draw, so I hooked them up to a power supply. First 11.9V:
11.9v.jpeg

Power consumption: 134.47W.

Then 13.4V:
13.4v.jpeg

Power consumption: 129.98W.

While I was researching these lights I could not find a whole lot about them soooo.....
I will be doing some more testing on these lights like:
- Power draw at different voltage levels;
- Temperature of the lights measured with IR camera;
- Some Lux/Lumen measurements if I can get such a device;
- A lot of pictures (manual exposure etc).

Last edited:
I'll share some first impressions with everyone.

The lights come nicely packaged and include all mounting hardware you need + some allen keys.
1x 9'' LED light;
1x Clear/spot lens / flood lens also available;
1x Mounting bracket;
1x 6mm hex/allen key;
1x 4mm hex/allen key;
2x M8 hex/allen bolt;
2x M8 lock ring;
2x M8 ring;
2x M6 hex/allen bolt;
2x M6 lock ring;
2x M6 ring;
1x M10 bolt;
1x M10 lock ring;
1x M10 ring;
1x M10 Nut;

You've already seen the front in my previous post, so here is the back:
WhatsApp Image 2017-12-12 at 16.01.53(1).jpeg

The bracket & mounting hardware:
aa.jpg

The holes for the brackets do not align very well, but with a bit of force you can get the bolts straight and in.
alignment.jpg

The light mounted on bracket with clear lens:
the light.jpg

The amount of light it puts out:
WhatsApp Image 2017-12-12 at 16.02.47.jpeg

I could not make a good reference picture with my phone, because it was completely black.
The house you see in the distance is about 70 meters/yards.

More info soon.

thanks for the photos, what did you do in terms of wiring and switch?

For now I hooked the light up to a power supply.

I have a fancy way of connecting and switching the lights, I'll show that when it is finished/working.

So a quick temperature test today. The data of this test is not completely valid.

In one of my previous posts you can see 11.9V / 11.3A which equals to 134.47W.

For this test I used some 10A test clamps instead of the higher rated clamps I normally use.
This resulted in 12.0V and only 9.5A which equals to only 114W.

The clamps became quite hot and had a high resistance. I saw this after an hour when I tilted my IR camera down.
I was focused on the light and not my test equipment. Could not see a difference in light since it was still way to bright on the white wall.

Whilst this test is not completely valid I'll still post the results.

The light and connection:
WhatsApp Image 2017-12-15 at 15.11.04.jpeg

The hot clamps:
WhatsApp Image 2017-12-15 at 15.11.31.jpeg

The test environment was not normal for these lights but was carried out in my office.

Abient temp was about 23C / 73.4F and NO airflow at all to cool the light.
The light was powered by a lab power supply at 12.0V.
Temperature was measured at the back of the light on the cooling fins with an IR camera.

Here is a graph of Time versus Temperature:
Untitled.png

On the X axis there is time in seconds.
On the Y axis you'll find temperature in degrees Celsius.

Conversion to Fahrenheid:
0C = 32F
10C = 50F
20C = 68F
30C = 86F
40C = 104F
50C = 122F
60C = 140F
70C = 158F
80C = 167F
90C = 194F

And a pic of the heat distribution at 77 degrees C / 170.6F:
WhatsApp Image 2017-12-15 at 15.29.31.jpeg

Got some Nilight 185W 9" from Amazon. Haven't hooked them up yet. Just mocking them up to figure out the mounting options. Build quality seems pretty good.

Probably will have to fabricate some kind of glare shields too. Can't really mount them back any farther and I am guessing they will throw too much light on the windshield.

full

full

The aurora 7" led light are higher quality than the regular knock offs. They are the same as the light force 215 7" led lights which retail $300-$350 each.

See link:
RIP OFF OR NOT? THE L.E.D WAR THAT ROCKED THE WORLD - Unsealed 4X4

The light force 215 7" led light were rated as good as the ARB lights.

The minimum buy is qty 10. The price per light is around $90. I am interested in 4. Anyone want to split the order?

I'd buy a couple... email me at huntsonora at gmail.com if you decide to put something together

Based on some interest, I will request a quote for 10 Aurora combination Spot and Flood lights. I have never done this so I propose i get a deposit for the shipping only. We can split the shipping per light. Once the lights are here, i will conduct an inspection and determine if there are any apparent defects. I can then confirm how many you want and you can pay for the lights(at cost) , insured shipping plus a fee per order (~$10) for my time. Message me via ih8mud if interested. If you decide not to not buy them, you are out the shipping cost.

Based on some interest, I will request a quote for 10 Aurora combination Spot and Flood lights. I have never done this so I propose i get a deposit for the shipping only. We can split the shipping per light. Once the lights are here, i will conduct an inspection and determine if there are any apparent defects. I can then confirm how many you want and you can pay for the lights(at cost) , insured shipping plus a fee per order (~$10) for my time. Message me via ih8mud if interested. If you decide not to not buy them, you are out the shipping cost.

PM sent

I just got the quote. Its $1155 for 10 to my door shipped. $79 per light, $320 for shipping and $45 paypal fee.

So your cost is $115.50 per light. Actual packaging and shipping cost on your preferred carrier from 97007 plus a $10 fee per order ( to cover my costs for testing every light and handlng).

I have 6 lights spoken for. PM me if interested.

I will need $32 per light (shipping cost) as a desposit before I order.

In Februari 2018 I will be traveling through Sweden and since there will only about 5 hours of daylight I figured I needed some extra lights.
Did some research and came across the "LED" knockoff's.

Today I received my pair of the lights (with clear lenses).
View attachment 1589609

I must say I'm impressed by the build quality and the amount of light for this price.
I've only tested them in my office, but will post more pics later.

I was interested in power draw, so I hooked them up to a power supply. First 11.9V:
View attachment 1589610
Power consumption: 134.47W.

Then 13.4V:
View attachment 1589611
Power consumption: 129.98W.

While I was researching these lights I could not find a whole lot about them soooo.....
I will be doing some more testing on these lights like:
- Power draw at different voltage levels;
- Temperature of the lights measured with IR camera;
- Some Lux/Lumen measurements if I can get such a device;
- A lot of pictures (manual exposure etc).

Which wattage lights did you purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom