Tundra 18" TRD Wheel Compatibility? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will the current Tundra 18" TRD (black with machined spokes) alloy wheels fit on a 2015 LC200 WITHOUT any spacers or mods to the wheel? I want to remove the stock wheels and just bolt on the Tundras. Can this be done?

I'm sure this has been asked many times on this forum, but I apparently did not use the "correct" search parameters, as I just couldn't find the answer.

TIA.

Thanks Romer! I bought a set of 2017 Tundra TRD take-offs today, WITH the Michelin tires--which I am already running on the stock wheels. Will be getting them installed next week.

Anyone know what tire pressure sensors I need to be compatible with the LC?

Yes, yes they can. = D

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1768.JPG

Is there more than one "TRD" wheel in 18"? Seeing some on CL and some are powder coated all black so didn't know if there are different versions of this wheel or just different colors or maybe someone powder coated on their own?

Will be shopping to fit an LX and sounds like they should bolt right on.

Also what markings are on the back of the wheel - not sure if anyone makes copycat wheels but want to ensure I get the correct wheels when shopping craigslist.

Thanks!

I
2574964F-8707-4063-A4A2-DA3A5772825B.jpeg

8CC0E65C-22DF-4D50-BA8C-782E2E057400.jpeg

These are the all black TRD ones. Be patient on Craigslist and eBay and you can find them for reasonable money

Excuse the pine needles and dirt as we have been getting lots of rain

I have a set of the black and silver ones as well and will be using those for my studded snows. They appear to pretty much be the same rim.

For tpms sensors I had them take the original oem sensors off original rims and will have a clone set made on my snows
John

From the above posts, it appears that the Tundra 18 in and Tundra TRD 18in wheels are compatible with the LC 200.

With regards to tire size, Toyota recommends 275/65/18 for the Tundra wheels. Does anybody know if the OEM recommended tire size of the Land Cruiser 285/60/18 will fit appropriately on the Tundra TRD 18in wheels? Both the Tundra and Land Cruiser 18in OEM wheels have similar specs, 18 x 8, same bolt pattern, and 60mm offset. Does anybody know why the recommended tire sizes are different for both wheels of similar specs? Does the recommended tire size have to do more with fitting on the Tundra vs fitting the actual tire on the Tundra wheel. I looked at one of those tire size comparison simulators online and the actual size difference seems trivial.

I am interested in the look of the black Tundra wheels for my 2016 Land Cruiser but prefer to keep the OEM tire size on them.

Thanks!

I do believe 2016+ OEM LC wheels have a 56 or 54 offset. The offset on the TRD is what’s different than stock wheels.

I am running tundra TRD rims with studded snow in the oem size with no issues

So I think you should be all set running 285/60/18s as I am with no problem

Good luck
John

View attachment 1562077
So.Cal Graigslist wanted to much for the TRD PRO/TRD wheels. I went another direction that I think looks SICK.
Hey man i just got a 2016 and this is the direction I want to go. do you have more pictures you can share with the whole rig?

Thank you, great to see. Mine is white too so, perfect.
I meant to ask, district you go with black semi-gloss?

Last edited:
Gloss black. Center caps are rattle can gloss black with gloss clear coat. You can have them professional painted for about $40 each. I’ll give a report when they start looking bad.

Cool, thanks for the details. I’m actually headed to Mammoth this next weekend, hopefully the new cruiser will see some snow (saw your plates, my previous truck’s plates were MMH BND - Mammoth bound)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom