Builds Meet Phoenix aka Zombie (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think my next plan of action after the drive train is straightened out is to stand outside of @reevesci new shop with a sign that reads 'Will work for Bumper'. I bet he could make a BA piece to fit the front of this thing with a little more fender trimming....

IMG_8412.JPG

Come on up around March. I'm pretty booked up until then. Maybe a long weekend and we can have it knocked out.

J
The work you do is off the charts. That bumper you made for @Spike Strip is just excellence.

So it has had the shackle reversal done!?!!!! That is gonna be one badass truck!

The front has the reversal with a 6.5" pin drop from frame. The shackle ange is pretty close to 90 degrees. I've spent an unusual amount of time reading through shackle angle posts. What changed my thinking about the whole thing was a Fore Runner at Turf n Surf that was running a frame mounted shackle slider setup. Interesting stuff.

then what did they do to the guy who left out the part where you turn the engine off the make the adjustment on the valves after checking their lash running?

I sent a set of injectors to Witchhunter over the summer...I hear the clock ticking; I still have not installed them. turned into a snowball- what else should I do when I go in there...

I sent a set of injectors to Witchhunter over the summer...I hear the clock ticking; I still have not installed them. turned into a snowball- what else should I do when I go in there...
That's quite a project to get the injectors out...I was looking at that when I had the TB and valve cover off. When that time comes I will probably have the manifolds hot tanked to clean them up. I was reading a post somewhere that recommended opening up the injector wiring bundle and checking all the connections (thought you wrote that?). Little coolant hoses on TB that were a PITA...I ended up just cutting them to get it out. Maybe fuel dampner? What else were you thinking? Seems like a good project.

Got the brake line installed and bled the brakes today. Started with the proportioning valve then, driver rear, pass rear, pass front, driver front.
My method is to put the wrench on, then a piece of vacuum tubing on the nipple and into a mason jar with a little fluid in the bottom. Have someone pump up and hold, open bleeder, pedal still down, close bleeder, pump pressure and hold, open bleeder...repeat until no more air bubbles in fluid.
Open bleeder and pump pedal, vacuum tube submerged, filling reservoir as it goes down. Flushing old fluid out.
Did this for all 5 points. Got some funky old fluid out.

IMG_8451.JPG

Now that we have brakes, decided to start it up and check the transmission and transfer case...a new project has emerged...
Should have taken a video but the noise is coming from the transfer case, sounds like chewed up gears where it kind of slips then catches, slips then catches...terrible racket.

When I pulled the drain plug a few days ago, no gear oil came out. Thought maybe it had leaked out over the years. Pulled the drain plug after this, quite a bit of junk in the oil.

So next plan of action...pull transfer case apart and see what we have. Kind of wanted to put in a twin stick anyways and get rid of the vacuum actuated mess.

Now that we have brakes, decided to start it up and check the transmission and transfer case...a new project has emerged...
Should have taken a video but the noise is coming from the transfer case, sounds like chewed up gears where it kind of slips then catches, slips then catches...terrible racket.

When I pulled the drain plug a few days ago, no gear oil came out. Thought maybe it had leaked out over the years. Pulled the drain plug after this, quite a bit of junk in the oil.

So next plan of action...pull transfer case apart and see what we have. Kind of wanted to put in a twin stick anyways and get rid of the vacuum actuated mess.
This truck is lucky you found it :wrench::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom