I'm back....It's been awhile (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sold my 1991 FJ 80 and been riding in a 2014 4Runner. But now on the verge of picking up a 2013 Land Cruiser from a neighbor. One owner with 42,000 miles. What do I need to know before purchase and or after? Thanks , I hope this works out . Will then sell 4Runner.

Congrats! At 42,000mi, you probably don't need to do much except be current on your basic service. You are going to love the V8 power and build quality compared to the 4Runner. I upgraded from the same.

We pretty much need pics. :)

On a young one like that and from someone you know, pretty much all that matters is whether you like the color. ;) Enjoy!

Crawl underneath and check the frame for rust. Start up the LC, put it in neutral, check that the center diff lock and low range work.

Select Climate on the infotainment system. Then select the wiper heater icon in the bottom of the page. That should light up. Select the front winshield defrost hard button below the infotainment system. That should also light up.

Last edited:
Nice choice! If you see a white '17 LC rolling around town, that'd be me.

Nice choice! If you see a white '17 LC rolling around town, that'd be me.
Mine is white as well! Will post pics if deal happens, fingers crossed. Will know this weekend.

Crawl underneath and check the frame for rust. Start up the LC, put it in neutral, check that the center diff lock and low range work.

Select Climate on the infotainment system. The select the wiper heater icon in the bottom of the page. That should light up. Select the front winshield defrost hard button below the infotainment system. That should also light up.
Marked.

BTW, I plan to spend a week or two in the Bend area this summer. We have a campsite for our trailer at La Pine State Park (though whether or not we use it will depend on how things work out.) One of my favorite areas. Grew up in Eugene and though I haven't lived in OR since 1972 we get out there every couple of years. Almost bought a place on the west side back in 2011 but decided it was just too far away to worry about a rental. With a son in Seattle and my dad in Eugene, we'll be spending on lot of time in the PNW - and looking for places to camp and explore.

Well the saga has come to an end. The guy with the 2013 never got his Porsche and I never got his LC. Plan B , today I picked up a 2015 , in service 2 years with 19K on the clock. Driven by the Toyota dealership owners wife. CPO, so 1 year full warranty and 5 years on powertrain. New tires and fresh service. Couple minor dings they gave me $200 credit to fix, clear bra on the front. Just drove it home 200 miles, bye bye 4Runner now posted on CL. Pics to follow when I see daylight. White with Black Interior.

Awesome. Another white with black interior.

If I get out to Bend this summer I’ll let you know. Maybe we can grab a beer or coffee.

Awesome. Another white with black interior.

If I get out to Bend this summer I’ll let you know. Maybe we can grab a beer or coffee.

For Sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom