Builds I happened upon a 100 Series 4 month build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What size Silblades did you order front front wipers and rear wiper?

Would you have a Silblades model number or provide a pic of what you ordered?

As a fellow Houstonian, I am tired of buying wiper blades annually.

Thanks!

What size Silblades did you order front front wipers and rear wiper?

Would you have a Silblades model number or provide a pic of what you ordered?

As a fellow Houstonian, I am tired of buying wiper blades annually.

Thanks!

The back is 16”
Silblade WB116S Premium Black Silicone Wiper Blade, 16" (Pack of 1)

The fronts are two different sizes 24” and 22”
Silblade WB124S Premium Black Silicone Wiper Blade, 24" (Pack of 1)
Silblade WB122S Premium Black Silicone Wiper Blade, 22" (Pack of 1)

Make sure to clean your windshield really good with a clay bar or polish or magic eraser when you put them on because you want that fresh, clean surface. Do not use Rain X with them. They are infused with PTFE (Teflon) that slowly comes off on the wiper pattern on the windshield so it actually ‘improves’ performance for the first couple months.

You will never buy a different brand of wiper again.

Since I am replacing the rear subwoofer, I went ahead and pulled the rear carpet and tried to clean the Coke spilled in 2006 and never clean up. It has dyed the carpet. I have tried every carpet cleaner, vinigar, boiling water, Oxyclean, an iron and hydrogen peroxide (which bleached it a bit. Also, around the rear seat floor mounts the carpet was fraying so I cleaned that up with lighter.

CDDA281C-686D-4129-8A41-E069F1CF245C.jpeg

ADA5F96C-43F4-4DE7-B039-BD3058F69A43.jpeg

84B6BAAE-F0F6-40F4-BA14-ECA325878BFB.jpeg

973597AB-3F55-4CCE-A300-90A5EC06E739.jpeg

986A4485-1586-492E-AFDA-5121754C9F26.jpeg

So I pulled the odd factory sub box, pulled the old sub out, trimmed the new sub mounting ring with a die grinder and metal blade and test fitted it. Works!
The wires to the old sub were cut and fitted with new female connectors, heat shrinks, and installed. I guessed on the polarity for the dual voice coil sub and was right.

Red and Black are +
Yellow and Green are -

C414FE5C-0974-4BBE-A6E2-58644CA6E3D9.jpeg

2EF0E475-4DC9-437B-98BF-FD10EA702640.jpeg

23B103F9-07C8-464C-BC79-8AD7CB70D55D.jpeg

E61F5266-64D0-42C0-B3DD-FE0B0A6476E6.jpeg

83F6231A-D4EB-4DEA-A666-94EDCF5F1C63.jpeg

Had a little extra time so I pulled the steering wheel and put the new eBay wheel on. The quality is great. Fast shipping too. This really improves the look of the truck. I need to do something with that center Toyota emblem. The chrome is chipping off and getting all over everything. I painted it with my chrome pen do model cars.

A1A687F4-147F-4981-94E2-A635EA2AD1F9.jpeg

C7FC03CE-014B-47A2-83BE-AFCFDC38B928.jpeg

1827FE30-5292-4FD1-BE9A-8150C37A6566.jpeg

911106B8-A643-4CE2-9C9C-1F66896D3DE2.jpeg

A232DBDF-198E-4EDC-891D-8563AA485CD6.jpeg

The back is 16”
Silblade WB116S Premium Black Silicone Wiper Blade, 16" (Pack of 1)

The fronts are two different sizes 24” and 22”
Silblade WB124S Premium Black Silicone Wiper Blade, 24" (Pack of 1)
Silblade WB122S Premium Black Silicone Wiper Blade, 22" (Pack of 1)

Make sure to clean your windshield really good with a clay bar or polish or magic eraser when you put them on because you want that fresh, clean surface. Do not use Rain X with them. They are infused with PTFE (Teflon) that slowly comes off on the wiper pattern on the windshield so it actually ‘improves’ performance for the first couple months.

You will never buy a different brand of wiper again.

Much appreciated! Going to order some Silblades on your recommendation. Thanks again.

So the back seat leather is not that bad. It is scratched up but is soft. I have seen some YouTube experiments on coloring scratched / faded leather so I decided (since I already have seat covers from Lseat coming) to try the lacquer thinner / spray paint thing. I thoroughly cleaned them with Meguiers Gold Class leather cleaner then wiped them down with the lacquer thinner. I applied spray paint to a rag along with some lacquer thinner and rubbed it in. It actually came out good except I got a paint color that was too light. I will get another can of darker gray and try that out later this week.

72B66221-3FB8-4BD9-B00F-1DB69D2A0CAB.jpeg

A5E8FFE6-B5F0-49C6-BF66-5BCB7D8169D8.jpeg

Also got my eBay key fobs and went to Walmart where they cut the keys (for free).

I also had a big clunk in the back when accelerating from a complete stop. From my 4Runner days I figured it was the slip yoke and jumped under and greased it and all the other zerks. Clunk gone.

A4F8AE6E-7197-4DE8-9670-6E3A7169D930.jpeg

B262AD51-0C8B-45FC-808D-B674D8A4B6FB.jpeg

Yesterday, I got that little butterfly drink holder / divider thingy

AF50EAF0-191C-4A67-BCA1-C9D091D414C9.jpeg

This may be a replacement SUV for my wife's RAV4 but she opened the door and said, "NO!"

I know she can't see past the tattered interior. I feel when it is done she will want it. If not, I will keep it and get rid of the 4Runner.

The truck just got a new Timing Belt and Water Pump and Master Cylinder. He said the brakes got squishy and soft (I hear this happens). He took it to a local mechanic who replaced it with a Aisin unit. The mechanic said he did not have a special part or something like that for towing so he left it off. Does anyone know what this is?

It has a typical valve cover leak (I could literally hand tighten the bolts).

And some weird noise in the dash that sounds like HVAC door flaps struggling to open and close.

Blown speakers

Also, the A/C went out after one week of ownership.

So after lurking around here is the to do list:

Detail Wash, Clean scuffs on body, Clay Bar, Compound, Polish, Wax
Replace burnt out light bulbs
Scrub every interior panel
Repair seat foam on driver side
Leather Seat Covers from LSeat
Console Cover and under pad
Replace Front speakers w/ Infinity Reference 6030 (love them in my 4Runner)
Replace Rear Subwoofer with Pyle PLPW6D (learned on MUD)
Figure out how to hook up my phone to Factory MFD Nav Unit (Music)
Replace Valve Cover Gaskets and PCV Valve
Replace Hood Struts
Remove all carpet and pressure wash and possibly re-dye
Remove wood trim that is peeling up
Rewrap steering wheel
Rewrap tranny shift knob
Buy butterfly drink holder thingy
Update GPS Map DVD - Gen 2/3
Center console top latch not working
CD Changer Cartridge Missing
Adjust Torsion Bars (has deep front sag)
Possibly mild lift (it needs shocks anyways soooooo....)
Brake pedal pad is missing
None of Key Fobs work (one has the case but the key is missing)
SilBlades wipers all the way around
Looks like you've got good bones to work with, have fun.

Brake master part "left it off", doesn't sound good. I'd go to that mechanic and find out exactly what was or was not done. Have you run through some simple test. Like with; key off pump brake pedal 40 times to evacuate booster of fluid. Then check fluid level, it should be at maximum line not over. Now turn key to ON (don't start) and time how long booster pump runs to fill booster. FSM spec is 30 to 40 sec. If not within spec bleed brakes and try again. Make sure no leaks (master, lines, calipers & bleeders), and that all bleeders caps are in good condition.

Also look a vacuum lines coming off the van power (steering pump) they are almost always bad if factories are still in.

Make sure to check both PCV hoses, they only last about 7 years.

Valve cover bolts can be retorqued to FSM spec of 53in-lbf. Note "inch" not lb.. This often stop the leak.

Good luck and have fun.

Another fellow Houston area owner too. Just sold my 80 for a 100 series. We should all meet up for some beer and BBQ ...

Looks like you've got good bones to work with, have fun.

Brake master part "left it off", doesn't sound good. I'd go to that mechanic and find out exactly what was or was not done. Have you run through some simple test. Like with; key off pump brake pedal 40 times to evacuate booster of fluid. Then check fluid level, it should be at maximum line not over. Now turn key to ON (don't start) and time how long booster pump runs to fill booster. FSM spec is 30 to 40 sec. If not within spec bleed brakes and try again. Make sure no leaks (master, lines, calipers & bleeders), and that all bleeders caps are in good condition.

Also look a vacuum lines coming off the van power (steering pump) they are almost always bad if factories are still in.

Make sure to check both PCV hoses, they only last about 7 years.

Valve cover bolts can be retorqued to FSM spec of 53in-lbf. Note "inch" not lb.. This often stop the leak.

Good luck and have fun.

Thanks for the info...

The Booster pump runs fine and the level is fine. There are no brake issues with the truck currently. I have yet to dive into this. The MC was replaced 6 mos to a year ago.

I did notice an "extra" worm gear style hose clamp on one the Power Steering lines to the reservoir. I guess it was sucking air or something. I will check the vac lines. Thanks.

Got a PCV valve, grommet and hoses to replace when I do the VC gaskets.

I tried re-torquing the VC bolts--- No dice. Hopefully I will have time within the week to do the replacement.

I have also read about 2 heater hose Tees and bought them.

Another fellow Houston area owner too. Just sold my 80 for a 100 series. We should all meet up for some beer and BBQ ...

I agree and I like Beer and BBQ.

Last edited:
Looks like a fantastic start. I need to create the same list of repairs/reconditions for my LX. first step, fixing the rock chips on the leading edge of the hood. I also will be doing some of the same stuff you are. I didn't even know the butterfly things was missing off mine, no wonder the cupholder sucks so bad. Ordered off Ebay! Happy Christmas to me (and thanks to you!)!

Whoa! Flood victim?

No, previous owner left part of sunroof and window open and sit in the back yard for God knows how long!! Welcome to the cruiser community, I am in Houston too, glad you were not affected by Harvey!! :)

I need to get these little parts (maybe dealer).
Upper center console latch (I see ones for Camry / ES300 but not sure if they are the same)
Those gray plastic push in ‘rivets’ at the door panels.
The sky gray bolt cover for the door panel.
One of those roof rack knobs for adjusting the rack position
Also need to de fog the fog lights.

79B7ACCC-2D8E-47F8-9C85-BEC03438F002.jpeg

FF8478EE-CCA6-428D-9BA1-8942F2BD4BA7.jpeg

FED44F62-0485-4057-9F47-3308D2FF23B9.jpeg

25F205A4-EC08-496C-96A9-709C1538F5A2.jpeg

I am having AC issues as well. I put some dye and stop leak in the system and topped it off with R134 and seems good now. We will see...

The automatic flapper doors for the vents also makes terrible noise (like rats trying to claw their way out) right behind the radio every time it adjusts. I read these are servo motors and not vacuum operated.

We have had some cold days in Houston lately. I find that it takes a while (7-10) for the heat to kick on. I understand the auto system waits for the heater core to heat up but it waits for the motor to heat all the way up. Then blasts ice cold air for a minute before the flaps open to allow the heat in. After that, other than the noise of the flaps, it works fine.

I have no fear of digging into the entire system to find it.

No, previous owner left part of sunroof and window open and sit in the back yard for God knows how long!! Welcome to the cruiser community, I am in Houston too, glad you were not affected by Harvey!! :)

We missed Harvey flood waters by two houses. We came 3” from the top of the foundation, neighbor came a quarter inch and everyone to the east of us flooded.
I was in my two kayaks rescuing folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom