Metal Tech 4X4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just goes to show how excellent Mark is at what he does, and also goes to show EXACTLY why people no longer deal with personal checks, and how using antiquated methods of payment can complicate things.

Modern payment methods would have meant the OP had products at his doorstep weeks/months sooner. Now we see why no one uses checks any more.

When you write a check you are giving away your routing and account numbers. Anyone can then start printing checks that actually work with that info.

I am going through the ringer now with these clowns. I will let you know if things get handled monday

I think Amazon has really raised the bar with regards to immediate delivery of products, online tracking, and online resolution of issues like returns and refunds.

I'm not saying I'm holding MetalTech up to the Amazon standards. It's only been 8 days since I placed my order for rear spring Toyota isolators (11/30) and it hasn't shipped (I did NOT pay with check -- online payment with credit card). I paid a couple dollars extra to ship UPS over USPS and still they created a shipping label with USPS because it fits okay in USPS package. I'm not sure why their web site allows me to pay extra for specific UPS shipping (which I prefer over USPS) and their personnel still picks the shipping method.

Anyways, I e-mailed them on 12/01 and they were going to fix the issue and send via UPS in 3 days. It's now 12/08 and I still have no UPS tracking number and my order still shows an unfulfilled USPS tracking link.

I'm sure it will be resolved, but these are the types of things that small businesses struggle with when they use small business technologies. Amazon is just leaving everyone in the dust with their continuous improvement of their online technology, distribution logistics, and innovation.

I just wanted to point out that Amazon is changing customer expectations and raising the bar. Although, I just realized that I just piled on for no reason other than I have too much time in my hands now that I'm in between jobs.

I agree that Amazon has really changed the game. So much so that I rarely do business with companies who don't offer free 2-3 day shipping and free returns.

That said, made-to-order fabrication and custom vehicle parts are a different ball game.

Re: That said, made-to-order fabrication and custom vehicle parts are a different ball game.

True dat, but I ordered Toyota rear spring isolators which are not made-to-order nor custom vehicle parts, but I get your drift.

I have OEM isolator and Firestone airbags sitting in my garage

Right on, Homer. I agree again. I guess I try to give small fab shops the benefit of the doubt. I've ordered stuff from Tacoma heavy fab shops in the past and never had a problem. Just ordered SSO sliders two weeks ago (first mod for the GX). We'll see if my tune changes after this experience.

@Pedro60 @HomersCanyonero
Realize you did order at their peak sale of Black Friday. I too am waiting for some rear Icon springs that I ordered near the end of the sale. And I received a notice that they were ready to ship a couple days ago but have yet to actually ship. But I accept that they are probably really busy and fortunately I am not in any major rush.

My only dealing with Metaltech was a 19.95 body mount chop metal cap order. It went smooth and fast as it should. I installed it, and did not think anything of it, because the experience is what I expected. About a week later, I received a handwritten envelope and handwritten card from Metaltech 4x4 thanking me for my purchase and supporting the business. The card was written and signed by Mark himself. I did not know at the time that Mark was the owner, but this level of attention over a $20 order was very surprising. For that reason, I have been waiting for a rear Metaltech Pegasus bumper to come on the used market (since I cant afford new...) and I finally found one.

That small gesture to make a $20 customer feel like a $5,000.00 customer really spoke volumes on the business practices and management of this company. Thanks Mark!

I made 4 separate Black Friday orders all went good. Waiting on a few parts but I’m in no hurry and was never promised they would be here next day either. Some were metal tech parts others were factory parts

So the ICON springs from MT arrived today as well as the front BOSS coilovers from Toyotec. Both were ordered on Sunday night before Cyber Monday along with rear BOSS 2.5 shocks for the rear from Toyotec. The rear shocks arrived Friday 12/1 after a call on Monday that I didn’t need to order the sway bar spacer separately from the front coilovers because one came with them as a package. Toyotec also informed me that the front coilovers were back ordered 10-14 days.

So Toyotec has far better communication from this round for me.

Metal Tech is amongst the best Land Cruiser vendors/businesses in existence.

Metal Tech consistently supports TLCA-sanctioned events and other Land Cruiser club run events.

I have ordered in the past and will order in the future and would not hesitate to rely on Metal Tech for anything I might need for any of my Toyota 4x4s.

I would order from them again as well. But it doesn’t mean that there isnt room for improvement. And I am very glad that they were one of the vendors offering a Holiday discount. I definitely don’t feel that I bashed them and I am completely understanding that they were probably very busy with fulfillment of all the sale orders. But I stand by that there communication was lacking and in this instance another vendor did a better job. And honestly I would prefer better communication on my order status than a hand written card. Although the card is very genuine and a nice touch.

I get it. I just figured that, in fairness, since folks are using the OP's thread as a place to relate their experiences with MT, it is fair that those of us with 100% positive feedback join-in.

I'd hate for an uneducated Land Cruiser owner to miss out on one of the better LC businesses due to a negative impression from one thread, representing a relatively small sliver of a relatively small community.

Metaltech is my go to place for GX parts. Everytime I have had an issue, including fittment of their front bumper, I just pick up the phone and talk to them and getting things resolved pretty dang quickly. The hand written letters have been a surprise.

I always try to have realistic expectations from a small business, they aren't amazon, walmart, home depot, etc., and I don't expect things to show up in 2-3 days. What they do have is great product knowledge and customer support with just a phone call.

Mark and I have had a nice long conversation about some of this and what I like about Mark and MetalTech is that I believe he will try to improve how MetalTech services his customers, I will order from them again.

This stuff can happen with any company; Amazon- I ordered an ARB compressor and it came with a broken connector and Amazon said it was good, so it was a pain to replace and took another week to get a good one and I ordered some lights for my trailer that said by Nov 26 and I am still waiting, but they are out for delivery, for two days. Rockauto - rear brake calipers that came with the wrong thread count for OEM bolts and 3 people at Amazon told me that I ordered the wrong part, but all agreed that it should fit my GX or that I was doing something wrong, even though a Lexus master mechanic was working on my GX with me. With Amazon or RockAuto you get a person who knows nothing or very little about a GX and can only do a check list to help you, where the guys at MetalTech can actually help.

I just went back to my e-mail where I was informed that my order status had changed and was ready for shipping and that was the last update.
Well now it states that it left Oregon on Dec 7 and is currently in transit due to be delivered today. Funny part is that I received it yesterday. So this could be the program they are using in house or a vendor they are using for their tracking is letting them down.

Mark,

Can you look into my order, #20093. I called to verify what stage 1 and stage 2 were and what the shipping would be. At this time I was told that the bumper was in stock. When I ordered it it said 2 in stock and currently says one in stock (see pic with date below). Ryan on email is saying none are in stock. Supposedly what I was told is not true and that now they have to be built before shipped? Seems a bit screwy that no one can walk out into the warehouse and see if it's in stock and plan the shipping, or that the system is not updating but it did from 2 to 1. Also if I call to verify, maybe someone call walk into the warehouse and look also.

This was a test purchase before I spent $4k on the suspension kit and I was waiting for verification the suspension parts would be what I needed extended travel vs long travel. I have those quotes for the suspension, are those parts still in stock? Maybe you can look into this for me.

FYI - John was very good at his job and thanks for the quote.

Screenshot_20200915-141847.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom