Post up what you pedal (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mark's vintage Schwinns reminded me of my first real road bike, a Schwinn Super Sport I purchased in the early 70's. Recently got a replacement, a lugged steel, made in USA Rivendell Roadeo. Love it.
IMG_2225.jpg

@ravewoofer thanks..!!
I average around 60-70 miles a week commuting to diff places..but i don't ride it every week....
it is very stable at speed not so much when in granny gear....
We love it...

That's nice you can put some mileage on it and take dogs and family all on two wheels. Here in Massachusetts, the closest bike to yours would be a supine recumbent.

Keep riding!

I have a few bikes, nothing too crazy, I'm down to 4 which is a small miracle.

36209117672_325a8bcee9_b.jpg

Racing bike / main bike

36377270055_7e6edca677_b.jpg

Backup / commuter / comfy / rain bike (has full fenders currently)

34304101535_989d4020f3_b.jpg

Used to ride this for work back in the day. Not having a derailleur to get hit on heavy doors when you deliver crap inside a building was nice. Now I just ride it for relaxation or when I have to ride with slower folks. Besides going 30+ it's actually not much slower than the carbon bikes in most situations, in fact some of my best strava times on short hills were riding this.

39082819122_14bfda834a_b.jpg

I've ridden this one many miles. I use it as a touring bike and or a mountain bike since I don't own a mountain bike. I did a 100 mile mixed surface race on it once and finished in just over 6 hours. I originally bought it because I wanted a bike that would fit 37c studded nokians for riding in the winter, but these days I won't ride in the snow because I'm a wuss and I'd rather trainer.

Cheers to all you fellow cyclers.

34304101535_989d4020f3_b.jpg

Used to ride this for work back in the day. Not having a derailleur to get hit on heavy doors when you deliver crap inside a building was nice. Now I just ride it for relaxation or when I have to ride with slower folks. Besides going 30+ it's actually not much slower than the carbon bikes in most situations, in fact some of my best strava times on short hills were riding this.

Damn... now that thing is freakin' sexy!!!!

Thanks, it's my favorite of all my bikes. I'll take that as an opportunity to gratuitously post more pictures of it.

34173127381_08400616af_b.jpg

34146553542_fe2c5d2ec5_b.jpg

This is what it looked like when I had to ride it every day. If you've never seen a fixed gear colnago road bike with full fenders now you have!

33180977595_a2c4ebecd3_b.jpg

I got the fenders from an old school bike messenger friend, I've never found any other ones that fit a road bike as well as these. They're probably from the 90's, now they have no stickers and they're on the calfee which clears them with 23c tires and the custom quick release mounted fender tabs I made.

@Technician1985 yeah that thing is just damn sexy... always loved older steel bikes with lugging like that though. Seems like it would make a pretty awesome CX bike as well.

IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_5832.JPG
IMG_1227.JPG
IMG_4569.JPG
Awesome! Didn't realize there were so many psycolists here!

I used to be a hardcore MTB'r but now all road. Still have a 1999 Psycle Werks Wild Hare XC and a 2000 Titus Racer X but never ride them. I've got a few roadies I still ride, although I don't ride nearly as much as I used to.

Here are my steel + my Brompy

I suppose I should share my stable as well, since I've been a racer/rider since the age of 9 and now work in the bike industry I have a few:

XC/AM:
Ibis Mojo SL
Litespeed Obed
Independent Fabrication Steel Deluxe (Girfriends)

DH:
Tomac 204 Magnum
Santa Cruz V10

Road:
Cannondale R600
Trek Madone 4.5 (Girlfriends)

Slalom:
Yeti DJ

Commuter:
70s Motobecane town bike

I will definitely post a few pictures but here are a few action shots for the time being.
View attachment 598094View attachment 598095View attachment 598096

Man, I always wanted to be able to jump like that!! Back in the early 2000s, I'd watch Bike videos of guys like Wade Simmons, Andrew Shandro, Darren Berecloth, et al riding places like Cappodocia Turkey. I was starting to hit small doubles until I went for a bigger one...when I came up shirt on my first big one and cased it. I flew over the bars, and got knocked out. Came to with a broken wrist. Fortunately no concussion! Anyhow, I envy your abilities!!!

Man!! You have some nice and classy rides!!
You some good taste.
Some collectable Italian steel and other bikes.
Real nice.

Thanks Petoors! I've been very deliberate in my collection of bikes, especially when it came to steel and carbon. I love Colnagos for their handling, De Rosa for their design & craftsmanship, and Tommasini for their boutique Italianess! If I was still collecting, and had room for more, I'd round out my collection with a Columbus steel EL OS Bianchi in Celeste, a Merckx MX Leader in 7-11 colors, a Crumpton carbon, a Colnago C60 carbon, and a De Rosa Titanio. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom