Suggestions for a non High-End Aluminum Rooftop Basket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fooldall1

Handy Enthusiast
Threads
All:

I do some occasional travel across the Southeast and I'm looking for a good universal rooftop basket (prefer aluminum) that fits well on the factory crossbars. I have seen many of them on Amazon, but not sure of those which "universal" mounting kits will fit the wide oval corssbars.

I'm not looking for a Rhino-Yakima-Whatever heavy duty setup, just something basic and cheap-ish I can use a couple times a year to haul luggage and the like.

Open to Steel or Aluminum, leaning toward Aluminum because of the rain here in the SE US.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions, and PICS if you have any.

@fooldall1 I make a drop in rack that replaces factory cross bars and is easily removable, but sounds like you are needing a basket that mounts to the factory rails. For price, I'd look at the Rola Rack, plus the extensions if you need it to be longer. If you go that route, you might want to keep an eye on the joints, or try to coat the inside or bedline the rack... I hear the rust creeps out of them. There are tons of cheap basket style racks on amazon, Curt, Rola, etc. See my link in signature if interested in my solution.

@fooldall1 I make a drop in rack that replaces factory cross bars and is easily removable, but sounds like you are needing a basket that mounts to the factory rails. For price, I'd look at the Rola Rack, plus the extensions if you need it to be longer. If you go that route, you might want to keep an eye on the joints, or try to coat the inside or bedline the rack... I hear the rust creeps out of them. There are tons of cheap basket style racks on amazon, Curt, Rola, etc. See my link in signature if interested in my solution.

So, the Rola basket adapters fit the crossbars? If that's the case I will pick one up and Rhinoline the Crap out if it.. Thanks for the advice!

@TXLX100 ,

I'm having an issue finding your product..could you link it here with a simple URL? Phone display/view is too wonky

Sorry for that, the website is www.KeenanOffroadFab.com. I make the drop in racks that go between the factory rails. Easily mounted and removed, very robust but might be overkill if you just need a rack for one trip. They start at $400 and shipping tends to run about $150 through Fastenal store to store shipping. I'm not sure if I could get a LX rack on a 40x60 pallet I've never shipped one that big, it might run too wide, but maybe this gives you an idea if you want a more permanent look.

Pictured is a GX470 unit, but same idea for an LX / 100 series.

product_image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom