is this related to famous clunk? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
whenever i release my foot from the pedal and hit it back or go over bump , there is delayed engagement creates clunk (feels like something re-engaging). i have greased all the shafts and u joints also replaced hub flange recently.

i am sure you guys have experience this, but has anybody know the fix to this?

also, from R to D clunk, i know there are so many things related to this clunk, can you list things which have been replaced and fixed the issue?

Thanks

Flanges 2 weeks old, CVs are just serviced and re greased

Have you checked for any movement between the new flanges and the old splines?

since i didnt do the work, i know flanges fit tight in splines.
how do i check the movement?

Thanks

Worn or torn rear upper/lower control arm bushings can also create a clunk as you cycle on/off accelerator pedal. Maybe a dozen possibilities: tcase mount, engine mounts, diff mounts, ujoints, improperly installed cv, LCA bushes, UCA bushes, lbj, ubj, loose shock mount, the list goes on.

Sound travels/reverberates through out the frame and the origin can be deceiving from sitting in the driver seat. Have a helper watch & listen for noise & movent from outside as you cycle from fwd-neutral-rev to isolate the noise. From inside, sit in the back seat and listen for noise as someone else drives. This sometimes helps give better perspectice to isolate front from rear noises.

Worn or torn rear upper/lower control arm bushings can also create a clunk as you cycle on/off accelerator pedal. Maybe a dozen possibilities: tcase mount, engine mounts, diff mounts, ujoints, improperly installed cv, LCA bushes, UCA bushes, lbj, ubj, loose shock mount, the list goes on.

Sound travels/reverberates through out the frame and the origin can be deceiving from sitting in the driver seat. Have a helper watch & listen for noise & movent from outside as you cycle from fwd-neutral-rev to isolate the noise. From inside, sit in the back seat and listen for noise as someone else drives. This sometimes helps give better perspectice to isolate front from rear noises.
+1 on rear control arms. That’s what it was for me.

You don't need to jack the wheel up, just crawl under and rotate the cv back and forth, you will feel the movement if it is there. Also check your inner cv's, mine where very sloppy, also diff mounts. Like @abuck99 said, the list goes on and on.

Thank you guys,
i will be replacing the rear control arms anyway since never been replaced, will check the CVs movements.
regarding the diff mounts, how many are they? front and rear? is there a way to check if they are bad?

Thank you guys,
i will be replacing the rear control arms anyway since never been replaced, will check the CVs movements.
regarding the diff mounts, how many are they? front and rear? is there a way to check if they are bad?
Let me know how thi goes. Mine look hideous

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom