Name the missing items under this hood! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I finally got my first Landcruiser. A 1984 Fj60, and she is rough to say the least. I am starting with just replacing vacuums and catching up on PM not done by PO's. I have noticed that whatever is supposed to be mounted to the drivers side wall under the hood simply is missing with wires and plugs just hanging. What am I missing?

20171210_143616.jpg

20171123_120638.jpg

apparently it is desmogged as there should be a complete smog thingy that mounts there also.

is there rust in the rear roof gutter area?

That is where the carburetor fan goes.

I have 2 that work.

The other place to the front is a fluid res for the headlight washer. Not needed.
apparently it is desmogged as there should be a complete smog thingy that mounts there also.

Yeah there's rust around the rain gutters on both sides and both rear panels.

IMO carb fan is optional. I just sold mine . I never had an issue with vapor lock.

You're missing a Chinese sign, or something happened.

looks like your AC idle up vacuum diaphragm is plugged. Hopefully the vacuum source is also plugged. You are missing the AC idle up vacuum switch which also mounts on the right fender well. Missing these parts won't disable the AC, but the engine might struggle/stall at idle when the AC is on.

I have 2 that work.

The other place to the front is a fluid res for the headlight washer. Not needed.

I have 2 that work.

I have 2 that work.

looks like your AC idle up vacuum diaphragm is plugged. Hopefully the vacuum source is also plugged. You are missing the AC idle up vacuum switch which also mounts on the right fender well. Missing these parts won't disable the AC, but the engine might struggle/stall at idle when the AC is on.

I'm trying to work out the stalling with it cold issue currently, choke still needs some adjusting still. And the AC doesn't even blow when on. Just figuring out where all the numerous vacuums that are unplugged go has been trying!

Yeah there's rust around the rain gutters on both sides and both rear panels.[/
I'm trying to work out the stalling with it cold issue currently, choke still needs some adjusting still. And the AC doesn't even blow when on. Just figuring out where all the numerous vacuums that are unplugged go has been trying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom