oil pressure on f engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a total rebuild of a F engine I have too much oil pressure 150 pounds plus. the spring and regulator are free and correct. I have over stressed two new Auto meter mechanical gauges one was a 100LB the other 150lb. Seems to run at about 80 to 90 pounds after about 15 minutes. Could it be possible that I have the hoses to the remote oil filter backward? All that the filter bracket has are two arrows.

thanks Tom

Pic of the regulator.

You may have to drop the pan.

Do NOT continue running the motor. You risk blowing a galley plug out the end of the block!

Check oil pressure relief valve(s). Check to see that you have routed the hoses to the remote oil filter correctly (not backwards). Change oil filter (possible stuck bypass valve). If none of those things correct your issue, its possible you have an obstruction somewhere.

I have seen machine shops that didn’t know better actually insert a plug in the return hole, which is next to where the oil pump delivery tube screws into the block.

I have seen machine shops that didn’t know better actually insert a plug in the return hole, which is next to where the oil pump delivery tube screws into the block.
Thank you very much, I am returning the entire vehicle to the machine shop next Friday. I know there is a blockage somewhere inside so I have opted to return it in vehicle where They can remove the pan if required. Again many thanks to all of you

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom