Builds A Hippo ..... No More (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What happens to the back up camera when you mount the tire on the rear? Also, I assume the tire must be swung out to lift the upper portion of the rear door?

Awesome truck. What are the plans for Phase 2?

The priority will be gears and lockers. So if I find I need gears (and then I will just lock her while I'm in there), I may need to push out phase 2 a bit.

Phase 2

• Dual Battery
  • Fridge
  • Drawers
  • Lights
  • Snorkel

I am in the research step of Phase 2.

Last edited:
What happens to the back up camera when you mount the tire on the rear? Also, I assume the tire must be swung out to lift the upper portion of the rear door?
I have decided to leave the back up camera at the factory location. You can move the camera to the spare tire, but the guidance lines no longer are calibrated. The tire does block some of the view. Since I had Slee do the rear first and since I haven't picked up the truck from Walt yet, I have only been able to observe the blockage with my factory tire. I am hopeful that the blockage with the 35 mounted remains acceptable.

Yes, one must swing out the spare to lift the tailgate. Not ideal, but this is a game of trade offs.

Agree on the trade offs. I’m a carpool dad... my concern would be my 13 yo daughter having to swing the tire out to open the hatch to get her school stuff out of the rear. Definitely not ideal.

Agree on the trade offs. I’m a carpool dad... my concern would be my 13 yo daughter having to swing the tire out to open the hatch to get her school stuff out of the rear. Definitely not ideal.
13 year old girl - should be ok. My wife complains because it does require two extra steps but that just lets me pay her back in other ways.

In three years or less, your daughter will want to drive herself. So this may be a short term pain.

The nice thing about Slee's rear is that it has a much easier latch and the dual swings are strut assisted. So it requires little muscle.

CBI stuff for 200 is available to public, you just have to contact them for info/pricing, they'll reply with info.

Love that front bumper. I've been lusting over it since seeing it on the XO 200. Hadn't seen it on anyone else's rig though.
24294166_2013697555308798_1416249094932985847_n.jpg

Boss

WOW, what a great job this is! I also love the CBI front. If someone does get the $$ and specs, please post it!

CBI stuff for 200 is available to public, you just have to contact them for info/pricing, they'll reply with info.

Just reached out to them, and they said they do not make a bumper for the 200. They said the Expedition Overland one was a one-off they did just for them. I did not mention this thread, but that's what I was told. I said if they were interested in making an 08-15 version front bumper, they could use my truck as a template, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

This was their reply to me in September:

Thanks for reaching out to us. So you can call and place an order for those parts any time, we havent dont to many just yet so we havent gotten them on our website yet. Let us know if you have any further questions.

• LC200 Front Bumper $2499.99
    • Center grill protection add $150.00
    • FGP Add$250.00
    • Powder coating $250.00
    • Aluminum add $400
  • LC200 Rear Bumper $1999.99
    • Dual swing arm $1499.99
    • Single swing arm $999.99
    • The rest of the accessories are the same
    • Powder coat bumper and swing arm $350.00
  • LC200 Full skid $999.99
    • Add $500 for aluminum
  • LC200 LCA skids $224.99
    • Aluminum LCA’s $299.99
  • LC200 DLB $59.99
  • Weld on sliders $799.99
    • Kickout $100.00
    • DOM $100.00
    • Powder coating $150.00

Thanks,

CBI Off-road Sales Team

Fax: 208-522-7062

Office: 208-528-0664

This was their reply to me in September:

Not doubting what you're saying, but this was their response to me this morning:

Thanks for reaching out to us. We actually are not producing a bumper for the LC200 we did do the one for Xoverland but that was really all we did. Also the front we did for them is the one for the 16 and newer 200 series which they changed the front end on them. We wish we could help with you build . Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Thanks,

CBI Off-road Sales Team
6TRS60Z0Na88MEpeq7st19dCzzwicNeLw2ZMlhGUdEOOFutbA8a9zgx4yRvSxr3tBl2ztOUhdtuZT1yDdQ2g1eGSVx8Tamo_qyeBYuz-zY1xpnewAgZ7PQp5ICGQQg=s0-d-e1-ft

oFnb6-b3cqyCPjhSqBSNe8hKo8jCsVzCK37Ml6ShVuDzX6W5RP_8LFR2z4ARxjVPmIIOWKzNEbgwvyaZ6yHP26UKhTyx41UwUopqMyCZHCfW43_JtWyBdap_9-p6oYWe3itgyXOrYysyINRl8bvsmdcLbc2WYwMiiJofPCDVFAXBy4u4L4h4uRXjKpUtJ1bVYos3ugDRnxhOe33M-htkofLhoue13zuOuRl_IGrHk74Q3ix1B6-DjslyDJ8JcKPBfiau=s0-d-e1-ft

Fax: 208-522-7062

Office: 208-528-0664

www.cbioffroadfab.com

www.prinsudesignstudio.com

Find us on Facebook!

Should we all spam them in effort to get them to stock the bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom