1997 Land Cruiser Anniversary Editions Explained.... (1 Viewer)

Did you find this useful?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

185996 white Collectors manufacture date 10/26/97 and a K294 on the VIN plate. I'm surprised there were 2470 more after this.

I have a 1997 'Collector's Edition' fully loaded with Lockers in White. WOOHOO!!! And I paid $5800 2 years ago. Granted I've sunk a LOT more money into it since then to keep it as a daily driver.... A LOT MORE.

Great info! Have the CE triple locked. 270k on the clock. Sent to ACC to have the head gasket and lots of motor/cooling issues taken care of. Looking forward to many more years of fun and aventures. Thought of doing the V8 swap, but wanted to keep it all Yota! Bought from the origonal owner 2yrs ago.

I have a 1997 'Collector's Edition' fully loaded with Lockers in White. WOOHOO!!! And I paid $5800 2 years ago. Granted I've sunk a LOT more money into it since then to keep it as a daily driver.... A LOT MORE.
Same boat as me. Bought Capt Jims and in the process of making it an adventure rig.

I just bought what I think is a 97 Collectors Edition (CE), but it doesn't have auto A/C. Could someone be passing off a non-CE as a CE by attaching the plates? Here's the dash and an ext photo. Can I look up the VIN to confirm? BTW - This Cruiser has been to Europe and back, but I haven't!

IMG_2580.jpg
IMG_2601.jpg

Well if you didn't pay a premium for 'CE' then it hardly matters if it is or isn't. Looks like a very clean vehicle - hopefully the running gear etc is as well maintained/clean as the body...

I doubt the VIN will tell you anything useful, unless a Toyota dealer can look up the VIN for you to see what it started life out as.

AFAIK the 'CE' came with auto climate - mine certainly did. Beyond that there's really nothing the 'CE' (or 40th) bring to the party.

cheers,
george.

My white 97 CE didn't come with lockers, but it has Harrops now. Anybody know if black "molding" that is on my flares came with the truck? I don't like it, but I haven't wanted to mess up the paint taking it off.

97 Lights 5.jpg

My CE didn't have the 'accent' marks - they DO look ugly in your photo. It did come with lockers, it did NOT come with running boards or the evil port installed rust accelerator option (roof rails). It also came with the CE land cruiser jacket (but then I did buy mine new :) )

cheers,
george.

My CE didn't have the 'accent' marks - they DO look ugly in your photo. It did come with lockers, it did NOT come with running boards or the evil port installed rust accelerator option (roof rails). It also came with the CE land cruiser jacket (but then I did buy mine new :) )

cheers,
george.
Those running boards will come off. I haven't owned this one all that long. Still working on things. Does anyone have a source for the center caps? I had to replace one and just did an eBay special. I was thinking that I'd replace the wheels at some point, but I actually like the look of the stock ones.

It also came with the CE land cruiser jacket (but then I did buy mine new :) )

cheers,
george.

Uhh...what? This is a thing? I definitely need to see a picture of that. :bounce:

Uhh...what? This is a thing? I definitely need to see a picture of that. :bounce:

Yes, it is a thing :) I'll try to remember to take a pic this evening. It's an 'outdoorsy' kind of tan coloured jacket... Should ebay it eh? :)

cheers,
george.

97 40th w/ lockers purchased from the original owner over 15 years ago. I hope my kids give it to their kids someday... but hey, $$ talks... LOL

40th.JPG

When I first found the cruiser I didn't know what to think of the color. But it had everything I wanted, good maintenance, 3x locked, low miles (164k), and reasonably priced. Since I've had it, the color has grown so much on me that I believe it's the best color car we've owned in the fam. Even my wife, who was not a fan AT ALL, now really likes it too. And boy do they sure clean up nice!
Damn those two-tone seats though. Ugly and worn out.... I need Scheel-man to run a 50% off deal or BOGO.
IMG_2650.JPG

I just bought what I think is a 97 Collectors Edition (CE), but it doesn't have auto A/C. Could someone be passing off a non-CE as a CE by attaching the plates? Here's the dash and an ext photo. Can I look up the VIN to confirm? BTW - This Cruiser has been to Europe and back, but I haven't!

...[/ATTACH]

It looks like your rig has the CE wheels.

Do the Toyota badges have a smokey blackish finish to them?

Tell me about those front seats!

Scheel-Mann seats.. Absolutely outstanding. Check my build page around page 16/17 for more info, or message me if you have specific questions.

Cheers,

John-

Reviving an old thread here while doing some research for purchasing a 40th or CE 80 series. Just curious, are any of you who own one interested in selling? I know this is a long shot, but I've wanted a locked 40th or collectors edition for almost 10 years, and just now have the means to buy one. Please reach out if you'd consider selling! Cheers, and carry on.

Collector Edition package included: automatic air conditioner, leather steering wheel, privacy glass, leather power sport seats, leather headrest, premium audio, sunroof, body side moldings, black pearl badging, collector’s edition badge, collector edition floor mats.
I always thought I had a 40 edition. DUH!! I just never paid attention to the badge. However, I have the Collectors edition badge. I have all of the stated above. However, I think I have the Dessert Dune color. i never saw that color mentioned in where it stands in value. Any ideas?

Also curious about LX450 numbers. Anyone know how many locked 450's the US saw in 1997?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom