How to Change Fuel Filter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the insights...I guess I just assumed that it was easy access...such as the 100 series...right underneath the hood.

The intake sock on the fuel pump is considered the filter for some markets, mainly USA and Australia... any place with relatively good fuel.

China, the Middle East, and some parts of Europe receive a real filter on the frame rail. It appears we have a break in the line where this filter could be installed... the guard is even there to cover it. Installing one is on my long list of projects.

It appears we have a break in the line where this filter could be installed... the guard is even there to cover it. Installing one is on my long list of projects.

It's now on my slightly shorter, but still long, list of projects. Please keep us informed on your progress with parts sourcing and installation.

TIA

I could see this useful on a vehicle used for expedition or abroad. Like using jerry cans or fueling in other countries or more remote areas where there opportunity for less than name brand fuel stations.

Did anyone get further with this?

My digging shows 23300-50150 being the fuel filter PN for a chinese URJ202. Thing is, in the diagrams the fuel lines appear different, with there being a clear place to connect the filter. The diagrams don't show a similar spot on the US lines. I don't yet have a 200 to crawl under..

Fuel main lines are different numbers as well, though that could have to do with emissions differences or the chinese rig having dual tanks.

Probably worth a question to the boys over at Xpedition Overland. If any US market 200 would have been exposed to a large quantity of dirty fuel I would think it would be Sampson. They seem to be very aggressive with their PMs. I would bet they'd have some guidance as to what the life of a 200 fuel filter would be. Kurt... did you guys ever do any filter work on the XO 200?

Id definitely be interested in adding a 2nd fuel filter if anyone finds more info. Extremely dusty condions here every day. I know a good bit of dust gets in the tank with each fill up. The fuel pump assembly has already been replaced once on this truck by previous owner.

Probably worth a question to the boys over at Xpedition Overland. If any US market 200 would have been exposed to a large quantity of dirty fuel I would think it would be Sampson. They seem to be very aggressive with their PMs. I would bet they'd have some guidance as to what the life of a 200 fuel filter would be. Kurt... did you guys ever do any filter work on the XO 200?

Nope, net yet anyway. Latin America actually has really decent fuel outside of the mtns of Peru and Bolivia... that was some rough fuel.

We do run an aftermarket inline filter on the Canguro 200 (Monica) and we change it out every single race.

SQOD- does the 200 3rd row windows open like the ujz100? if so, where is the darn button?

No, the rear windows do not open like the 100. I wish they did - especially when I have the dogs in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom