Dissent offroad modular front bumper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New connectors, Toyota wanted way to much for oem plugs.

New connectors, Toyota wanted way to much for oem plugs.

IMG_2169.JPG
IMG_2170.JPG

^ I saw a few white front & rear bumpers at HIH. With the contrasting coated hardware the white really looks cool.

Nice !

@taco47001 ... your LX looks dang nice. You and I have similar tastes. Mine is going to be almost identical except I'm getting the full bull bar and, since I have a '98 LX, color match using the "bronze pearl".

Nice! Will you be painting yourself?

Not sure yet. If I can find somewhere around Austin that can do the color match and the price is right, I'll go that route. If not, I'll attempt a DIY. Did you paint yours?

I had originally considered painting the lower cladding a grey color and matching the bumper to that. But, I like the "uniqueness" of white LX's in that they are the only ones to not have contrasting cladding.

Not sure yet. If I can find somewhere around Austin that can do the color match and the price is right, I'll go that route. If not, I'll attempt a DIY. Did you paint yours?

I had originally considered painting the lower cladding a grey color and matching the bumper to that. But, I like the "uniqueness" of white LX's in that they are the only ones to not have contrasting cladding.

I did paint my own. Stupid easy, just very tedious and time consuming if you want it to turn out good as DIY. My garage is not a professional paint booth so battling dust and over spray at every turn. Worth it though as now I feel confident if I should ever have to fix any other body part. Grand total of $248 in supplied too.

I used Touch Up Spray Paint | AutomotiveTouchup

I did paint my own. Stupid easy, just very tedious and time consuming if you want it to turn out good as DIY. My garage is not a professional paint booth so battling dust and over spray at every turn. Worth it though as now I feel confident if I should ever have to fix any other body part. Grand total of $248 in supplied too.

I used Touch Up Spray Paint | AutomotiveTouchup

$248?! I like that price :) I'm planning on a September purchase of the bumper (have to replace my TerraGrapplers with KO2s this month) and figure I'll get it painted and installed in November (cooler weather). How many "cans" did you use?

What skid plates are you guys using with your dissent bumper? I am looking at slee's aluminum one, but not sure how it will fit up. @benc any info on the skid plate front? My OEM is about to fall off the truck.

What skid plates are you guys using with your dissent bumper? I am looking at slee's aluminum one, but not sure how it will fit up. @benc any info on the skid plate front? My OEM is about to fall off the truck.
Any skid plate that bolts to the factory mount will fit.
I think both slee and bio will fit however I have only seen the bio with my bumper in person.
I do have aluminum skids in the works but those are still a ways out.

Decided to to an impromptu sale!
15% off all bumpers and racks now through Monday!
Shoot me a email or pm before Monday to get the discount.
I will respond on Tuesday in the order they come in.
I am currently 8-12 weeks out in bumpers and 3-5 weeks on racks.
Thanks!
Ben.
Bencalhoon86@gmail.com

Nice work benc. Wish I were closer.

What will the bull bar options be for the aluminum version?

Does anyone have a pic with the bumper plus full LC bull bars on an LX? While the LX bull bars are cool, I think the LC ones suit me a bit more.

Edit : found a post indicating it wouldn't work because of the LX integrated grill. So next question : does the big stinger with round lights attached work on an LX?

Basically looking for the same as in this pic, but on my LX.

View attachment 1462328 View attachment 1462329 View attachment 1462330 View attachment 1462331 View attachment 1462332 Doesn't look much different but here are some pics of the aluminum bumper, it is actually a little stronger than I expected!
That being said it is not going to take a beating like a steel bumper but I think it will be a great option for 90% of the 100 owners.
I still need to come up with a winch reinforcement plate but did do some winch testing today to see how much reinforcement is needed. I was actually pleasantly suprised, I was able to bend the winch plate about an 1/8" with all 4 tires blocked, engine rpm around 2000 and maxing out my warn vr12 several times so a reinforcement plate is needed as expected.

image.png

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it, but what material is this bumper made of and how does the weight compare to other popular bumpers like Slee or ARB? There are 89 pages on this thread already, too long to go search for answers at this point...please forgive my laziness :)

Nice work benc. Wish I were closer.

What will the bull bar options be for the aluminum version?

Does anyone have a pic with the bumper plus full LC bull bars on an LX? While the LX bull bars are cool, I think the LC ones suit me a bit more.

Edit : found a post indicating it wouldn't work because of the LX integrated grill. So next question : does the big stinger with round lights attached work on an LX?

Basically looking for the same as in this pic, but on my LX.

View attachment 1579801
Yes, the large stinger will fit the lx. For now the aluminum version will still have the steel bull bar but that may change in the future. The full aluminum bumper is still a little ways out but I do have the hybrid bumpers available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom