Chainsaw Mount? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

6BF00E4F-5169-4B44-BDBD-C9B2352C066C.jpeg

Here’s a hydraulic job from a quick search of military saw kit...Kipper tool? Was looking to see what the DOD had spent copious amounts of cash on to fulfill the chainsaw void..wonder if there is a pelican case chainsaw kit available although knowing jarheads the first use they would throw the roasting hot power head back in the case and permanently fuse everything together..it would be low fumes and leak free way to store the saw if you let it cool down before breaking it down and putting it in a pelican

View attachment 1579629

Here’s a hydraulic job from a quick search of military saw kit...Kipper tool? Was looking to see what the DOD had spent copious amounts of cash on to fulfill the chainsaw void..wonder if there is a pelican case chainsaw kit available although knowing jarheads the first use they would throw the roasting hot power head back in the case and permanently fuse everything together..it would be low fumes and leak free way to store the saw if you let it cool down before breaking it down and putting it in a pelican

Was a 1371 for 8 years and never saw that thing. When we would fell standing timber we used Husqvarna saws. I also never saw any stupid sh!t like putting a hot saw or other tool in a foamed case either. I did see a motor T guy attached to our platoon to fill a billet cut off 2 fingers with a worm-drive circular saw. His Buddy, also Motor T, put a nail through his hand too with the nail gun. Combat Engineers are generally a little smarter than the rest.

Combat Engineers are generally a little smarter than the rest.

False ! Exhibit 1 - I was a 1371, although to be fair I started as an 03xx:grinpimp:..we ran husky as well, we just had the standard floppy plastic case..did your unit have pelicans to store the saws, and if so what model no.?

False ! Exhibit 1 - I was a 1371, although to be fair I started as an 03xx:grinpimp:..we ran husky as well, we just had the standard floppy plastic case..did your unit have pelicans to store the saws, and if so what model no.?
Bar scabbards only.

There’s something very unmanly about an electric saw, but you have a good point here. I might have to look into an electric.

A bad ass inverter, good extension cord, and a WORX saw surprised the hell out of me.

Was a 1371 for 8 years and never saw that thing. When we would fell standing timber we used Husqvarna saws. I also never saw any stupid sh!t like putting a hot saw or other tool in a foamed case either. I did see a motor T guy attached to our platoon to fill a billet cut off 2 fingers with a worm-drive circular saw. His Buddy, also Motor T, put a nail through his hand too with the nail gun. Combat Engineers are generally a little smarter than the rest.
Accept 1142s. I seen a couple 1371s have nail gun incidents... I won't get into everything else but We all know 1142s are most desired when in the field, lol.

You could always make a detent in your rear quarter to hold it, kind of like this....View attachment 1574815

Seems like that would require a serious commitment to a specific tool. Cool idea, but what do you do when a 'better mousetrap' comes along? Hack it out and start over?

It would be pretty bitchin' if you were really set on one tool though...:grinpimp:

Last edited:
I didn't read the entire thread but here's what I do: take the saw apart and store the bar+chain inside. Toss the motor in the Trasharoo. I don't carry extra fuel+bar oil. If I'm going through an entire tank of fuel+oil, I've got bigger issues.

I've also taken my fully charged Sawzall with aggressive teeth plus one extra battery for camping. That is my favorite way to cut stealthy!

Last edited:
Not strapped in because I'm not leaving for a couple days and I don't like leaving it out for thieves but this is how I carry my 026 w/ 18" bar. I premarked a gatorade bottle for the oil mix so I don't carry a saw gas can and only mix as I need it. I think the bar would maybe hit on a big shelf drop off but I've never ran into that scenario and if I did, I could strap it to the roof if needed. The tip of the bar is about level with the bottom edge of the bumper.

IMG_5197.JPG

I always pack my Husky when going camping. I've just secured it inside the rig with the other gear. Not been an issue so far. But then again, nothing is an issue until it is.

Mine seeps some bar oil. Not really a big deal in the case but my lady friend doesn't like the smell. She also doesn't like diesel. I'd have a two stroke exhaust steam room if I could get away with it.

Mine seeps bar oil too. I have to double bag it. So it stays inside the garage. My axe does not seep anything. Still good.

View attachment 1574822 Long time ago I cut firewood as a side income for about 8 years in Wyoming. Got pretty good with a gas chainsaw. Nowadays for yard work, trail clearing, and campfire wood I have used a combination of a Remington 120v on an inverter, and a Ryobi 40v to do the job. Not nearly as big and fast as a gasser, but quiet, tidy, and easier to stow. And yes, we do have real trees/forests here in Arizona. :moon:

View attachment 1574823

no we don't John.
I went up to log in Washington after St Helens. Eventually ended up on the peninsula in Forks. Those is BIG trees. The one in your pic would be a sapling.
I used a Husky with a 36" bar . There was a saw in the crew with a 6 ft bar. Quite a few 48's. At the time Huskys were king but the only other choice was Stihl.
I remember bolting out felled trees that were taller lying on there side than me standing up.

I carry a Silky Gomboy in the fine teeth and the large yellow Silky in the medium teeth, this works great when I see downed hardwoods to use for firewood.

I've never thought to carry a chainsaw as I've never seen a tree that large downed.

I second the Silky Bigboy and it does a good job for my needs while out camping/wheeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom