My original Fuel Filter.....after 286k....nasty! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rhetorical question to the past few owners of what is a really nice truck....

A fuel filter is $15 for a cheap one, and about 30 minutes to change!
Who buys a high end SUV and doesn't change the silly thing...

This is definitely the original filter. You can see the paper is degrading to the point of just becoming dust (caught it in time) and there is a mud like substance in the filter element. Truck idles better right away.

P.S.
I used a paint pen to lablel the part, hopefully the future folks will understand!
(Metal shavings from the metal when the filter was sawed in half by my Dad)
IMG_2963.JPG
IMG_2964.JPG
IMG_2963.JPG
IMG_2964.JPG

IMG_2960.JPG

Glad nothing happened to the fuel pump!
Buy OEm filter and it is about $30ish from the dealer.

Watch on how to remove a quick connector on youtube before removing the filter. Super easy if you got the right tool. Use a good tool to loosen the nut. A cheap Chinese wrench may round the nut.

How easy is it to do it myself?
Any video?
Post #166 will give you the FSM procedure 1 A-G, 3 C and 5 H. is info you'll need. Scored a 06 LC (untouched Jewell restoration)

Note: Remember to put drop of oil on threads of flare nut, and hold the female nut during removal & assembly. You'll also transfer the green clip from old to new.

How easy is it to do it myself?
Any video?

could have done it in my parking lot in about 10 minutes

it may be the easiest fuel filter in toyota history

Last edited:
Why do you read complaints about the difficulty of changing the 100 series fuel filter?

Don’t know why, but you do. I was quoted 1.4 hours ($90) plus part to replace it. I did it myself in about 15 minutes, no more than 30 taking my time. Only real possible gotcha is removing the green plastic clip to release the fuel line. If you break it, I believe you have to purchase the rubber fuel line just to get the green clip and it’s not cheap.

Why do you read complaints about the difficulty of changing the 100 series fuel filter?

Rust. The fuel line fittings on mine were rusted together, lots of PB Blaster.
I bought a WIX fuel filter off of Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom