Gauging interest on swap kits OM 613 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As we are progressing with installation of OM613 3.2 CDI Mercedes into FZJ 80. I am gauging interest on adapter kits for OM 611/612/613 and 648 engines to drop into family of TLCs and Runners.

As these family of the engines are the same, only difference on number of cylinders and displacement, right now we are making OM 613 mated with H151F manual trans for FZJ80. Also we are looking into making the custom flexplate for A440F and A442F. It will be direct bolton flywheels and flexpates. And adapter plate to mate OM 61/1/2/3 and 648 to abovementioned trans.

Electrical wise we are looking into simplified solution. ECU sends only preheat bulb, tacho signal and check engine bulb wire. everything else used stock TLC's. Also it will have ODB socket to diagnose.

ECU will have diagram to wire, supplied with immobilizer, key, ignition socket and Mercedes ECU box.

Kit will contain - ECU, key cylinder, key(s) immobilizer, wiring diagram, it will be tuned to 210HP and 520NM with removed EGR and adapted to operate standalone. Mechanical part will be custom flywheel/flexplate and adapter plate.

If these is the interest on the product we will start putting out as soon as we take the video of running TLCs. And we will start working on other transes of 4Runner family, 40,60 and 100s.

OK, gentleman. We can offer the standalone ECU for OM 613, OM 648 and OM 628

The content of the package:

Standalone ECU with cut out, EGR, PF and urea (for 628 late models)

it will have following options: For the dashboards put out signals:

1. Check engine - for troubleshooting
2. Battery charge fail bulb
3. Tachometer signal
4. Preheat plug on bulb

The oil pressure, coolant temperature, and voltmeter stays original. The ECU takes it's own signals from it's sensors.

The key we recommend to keep the MB - the lock assembly fits the original place with some mods.

It will have original MB ECU box, ECU itself, harness for direct connection, relay block for starter, command and control wiring for glow plugs control unit, electric cabin heater assistance. Harness with ready to connect to Land Cruiser's electronic systems.

The pricing is following for ECU - 1,600.00 USD without shipping for OM 613/648 for OM628 it will be a 2000 USD.

This if for stickshits, for auto A442F it will be with integrated control. We are working on it within month or two we will put out the product, price for autos will be a bit higher.

Regarding the adapter plate and flywheel/torque plate:

As of now we do have adapter plate for OM613/648 and flywheel for H151F, 1FZ-(E) bellhousing. weight is 17 kgs. Price is 700.00 USD without shipping it is due of every flywheel has integrated torque plate of MB for starter and RPM/CS position sensor.

If there any requirements to keep environmental devices as PF, EGR and etc we can keep these controls. Also custom mapping available - please bear in mind, not much of power and torque will be available max ~ 7-12%. It is to keep the engine durability and driveability for TLCs.

Last edited:
I am interested in this but for a different application.

Hi there! As we are completed official swap of OM613 into FZJ80 manual, we are glad to offer swap kit for that engine as well as OM 612. We are still working on auto. But we already have adapter plate and if someone wants to tricke around with auto themselves we will be happy to help.
We have for sale standalone ECUs for OM 613 and 612 as well as adapter plates and flywheels for 1FZ and for ZD Patrol engines manual and automation as well.

I have a 2005 Toyota Tundra that is a Auto trans A750F think you could make an ECU and adapter plate that could work?

Let's say that I have a complete Mercedes W210 automobile to use as an om606 donor. I would have an ECU, wiring harness and any other bits that I need. I would be looking to buy your transmission adapter. Do you need to have the ECU to modify it? Or can it be modified by me with something like the FlashZilla tuner or EFI Live using your program? This would be a common procedure with the Volkswagen TDI engines.

Last edited:
Hello there!

Right now we are doing only 1FZ-FE direct bolt on adapter for OM617.

We have already in blue prints adapters for:

1. Toyota TLC80 1HD-T to OM612/613 to H151F/H150, including lightweight aluminium flywheel. Engine supports, both for FZ and HD series.
2. Nissan Patrol ZD3.0 to OM612/613
3. Nissan Patrol RD2.8

Pics? Videos? More details?

Here is the link on what we did
OM 613 3.2 CDI swap into 80FZJ

Regarding ECU:

Standard tacho output, everything else is used stock. We can provide part numbers and adapters for connecting oil pressure and water temperature gauges.

ECU we developed standalone, single unit. No immobilizer, no keys, no tons of unnecessary wires. No EGR, no AFM. Glow plugs though operated by the ECU. Direct plug into engine harness and TPS.

If anybody have any questions and comments please welcome.:steer:

Let's say that I have a complete Mercedes W210 automobile to use as an om606 donor. I would have an ECU, wiring harness and any other bits that I need. I would be looking to buy your transmission adapter. Do you need to have the ECU to modify it? Or can it be modified by me with something like the FlashZilla tuner or EFI Live using your program? This would be a common procedure with the Volkswagen TDI engines.

I did not understood your question. Your W210 has an OM606? If yes, it is very simple mechanical engine and yes, we can make and adapter for you please specify which transmission you would like to mate it with.

Last edited:
I think it would be difficult to raise any interest in this engine swap and aftermarket ECU in the U.S. market if it involves the Mercedes om613.xx engine. That engine was never offered in the United States, so I am thinking that even if I could get my hands on one it would be very difficult to find anyone to work on it or to secure any parts for it. I like the idea of playing around with an om606 which did to to come to the United States in 1996 through 1999. I believe it had one of the early computer controlled injection pumps. Nobody in Europe seems to be interested in messing around with that pump. It seems everybody is swapping the pump out for a purely mechanical pump from the om603 engine. And then there is the question of the law. In the US, the only way to legally run a mechanical pump Mercedes diesel is to have it in a car that originally came with a mechanical diesel. For the most part, that would limit you to 300 series cars up to about the 1994 model year. That could actually be quite nice. The 300 series with the W124 body style was one of the best cars Mercedes ever offered with a look is still quite attractive today.

merc-master.jpg

W124_big-rear.jpg

Last edited:
I did not understood your question. Your W210 has an OM606? If yes, it is very simple mechanical engine and yes, we can make and adapter for you please specify which transmission you would like to mate it with.

Hey Tugarin, can you make an adapter to fit an om606 in front of a H55f Transmission. I want to get rid of the slow 2H Toyo tractor engine....

I think it would be difficult to raise any interest in this engine swap and aftermarket ECU in the U.S. market if it involves the Mercedes om613.xx engine. That engine was never offered in the United States, so I am thinking that even if I could get my hands on one it would be very difficult to find anyone to work on it or to secure any parts for it. I like the idea of playing around with an om606 which did to to come to the United States in 1996 through 1999. I believe it had one of the early computer controlled injection pumps. Nobody in Europe seems to be interested in messing around with that pump. It seems everybody is swapping the pump out for a purely mechanical pump from the om603 engine. And then there is the question of the law. In the US, the only way to legally run a mechanical pump Mercedes diesel is to have it in a car that originally came with a mechanical diesel. For the most part, that would limit you to 300 series cars up to about the 1994 model year. That could actually be quite nice. The 300 series with the W124 body style was one of the best cars Mercedes ever offered with a look is still quite attractive today.

merc-master.jpg

W124_big-rear.jpg

That is why we are still working on our swap, making minimum of electronic parts. The 80 with 613 is running and running well. Now we are testing for reliability of what we did. And we already can offer one unit ECU for OM 612 - just one main ECU with no any extra components and ready to plug and play. It has passed our abuse test :) so now it's turn for 613.
US has imported OM648 which has mainly few components and injector changes, rest is exactly the same with OM613. So with downgrade of injectors, removal of lift pump and HP it comes back to OM613.

merc-master.jpg

W124_big-rear.jpg
Ars you wanting to put a manual transmission behind the OM606? You can keep the EDC pump if you'd like, you just need a BALDUR DSL1 to run it. If you're keeping an automatic then you'll need a stand alone for your transmission also. That is unless your transmission is a fully hydraulic unit.

hi i have a 904 merc sprinter in Australia fitted with an om611, i'm at the point where iv'e had enough of electrical etc issue's and now it's stopped again. there is almost no info available or any wiring diagrams for the Aus models i can find. I'm trying to find out if an om602 or anything simple will go in without too much hassle and will it fit my 5 speed gearbox and flywheel, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

hi i have a 904 merc sprinter in Australia fitted with an om611, i'm at the point where iv'e had enough of electrical etc issue's and now it's stopped again. there is almost no info available or any wiring diagrams for the Aus models i can find. I'm trying to find out if an om602 or anything simple will go in without too much hassle and will it fit my 5 speed gearbox and flywheel, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
You have automatic transmition or stic mechanicle.
May you need just flash a car with simple program - without EGR,MAF,Swirl and other stuff. I can give you this flash for it,also ypu can make immo off on it for no problem with it.
602 engine doen't is very good. 606 so,so they are too old and poor mpg. If 606 put better install one plunger VE type IP.
But better is 613 engine with shut off all ecology

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom