FYI - 9005 LED Bulbs - Black Friday Spl on AMZN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently replaced my dome light with an LED from O'Really's and was impressed enough that I spent this morning on the Sylvania website looking over replacement bulbs and fishing around for them on Amazon, and buying a bunch of stuff, and bought these on a Black Friday deal, 20% off:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L91AM7E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully they aren't junk, but likely going to be better than the feeble halogen bulbs that are in there now. I'll try to get it together to post a before-n-after on the taillights and side markers, etc.

In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

~ Bill

On the 9005's, could you replace only one bulb and get a picture of the truck lighting up a white garage door from say 10 or 15 feet? I want to know how bad they spray light upwards. I've seen some heeps :deadhorse: around here that are blindingly bright, and the owners not so much.

I'm currently running John Deere HIR lamps, and they do change the aim, and they also spray some upwards, but not bad. Usually the low beams have that silver cap on them to minimize this. I really like the JDs, nice light for my blk tractor prj! :cool: But they will eventually burn out, and I'd like to know what you (and others) think about LEDs. 70W is pretty respectable.

I recently replaced my dome light with an LED from O'Really's and was impressed enough that I spent this morning on the Sylvania website looking over replacement bulbs and fishing around for them on Amazon, and buying a bunch of stuff, and bought these on a Black Friday deal, 20% off:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L91AM7E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully they aren't junk, but likely going to be better than the feeble halogen bulbs that are in there now. I'll try to get it together to post a before-n-after on the taillights and side markers, etc.

In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

~ Bill
@Bill F i was checking out your leds from your link. Make sure your order the 9006 for the low beams as well... the 9005's are only the high beams. ;) just looking out for you. Better yet, I found these Win Power Golden 9006(HB4) Waterproof CREE LED Headlights Bulbs 6K + Canbus Kit (1 Pair) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017D9U938/ref=twister_B017D9TW36?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 for a better deal and they look like they're a step above the blue ones. 50% off... I hope this helps out.

I can’t remember anyone having any good luck with LEDs.

However, the Wagner 9011s slightly modified to fit in the low and high beam slots work great and are cheap.

Have had my low beams for over a year and love them if that helps anyone. The white light helps my old eyes see much better than the more yellowish light bulbs they replaced.

@Bill F i was checking out your leds from your link. Make sure your order the 9006 for the low beams as well... the 9005's are only the high beams. ;) just looking out for you. Better yet, I found these Win Power Golden 9006(HB4) Waterproof CREE LED Headlights Bulbs 6K + Canbus Kit (1 Pair) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017D9U938/ref=twister_B017D9TW36?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 for a better deal and they look like they're a step above the blue ones. 50% off... I hope this helps out.

Yes - thanks for the note, and good point on the low beams. But I only needed high beams, because the previous owner installed some sort of HID lights for low beams (with ballasts, one of which is mounted on the washer tank, for crying out loud). They work for now, so I am not going to replace them - the light is blue, but they're actually not bad. I will include those in whatever photos I end up taking to share with the forum.

Good copy... didn’t pickup on that. I ordered both high and low for myself. Thx for the lead on the good deal. I’ll post some pics as well when I get back into town.

OK - quick update, I just popped these in and they appear to be a reasonable improvement (at least in daylight) over the old 9005 bulbs (which were a mix of GE/Sylvania). I even learned how to remove and reinstall the coolant expansion tank. For comparison pics, new bulb is on the passenger side, old one is on the driver's. Of course, I replaced both and they appear equally bright in the daytime. The little fans on the back DO buzz, but I can't imagine that in motion you would hear it over the usual LC roar.

Will try to post up some nighttime comparison shots later, and I have some shaky video, too.

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

OK - quick update, I just popped these in and they appear to be a reasonable improvement (at least in daylight) over the old 9005 bulbs (which were a mix of GE/Sylvania). I even learned how to remove and reinstall the coolant expansion tank. For comparison pics, new bulb is on the passenger side, old one is on the driver's. Of course, I replaced both and they appear equally bright in the daytime. The little fans on the back DO buzz, but I can't imagine that in motion you would hear it over the usual LC roar.

Will try to post up some nighttime comparison shots later, and I have some shaky video, too.

View attachment 1589880

View attachment 1589881
They look great. I actually ordered some for my wife’s Sequoia as well. Installed them right before we went on a road trip and they made all the difference in the world with intensity, depth, and apparent brightness. I haven’t had a chance to install on my LC yet. I’ll take some pics and post’em.

You can tell a distinct difference between the halogen fog lights in the new LED headlights. This is my wife’s second generation Sequoia with stock headlamp assembly. Overall, I am really pleased with the disbursement of light and apparent brightness. Just ordered some led 1945 fog lights so the drapes match the carpet.
I’ll post some pictures of my 80 when I get back into town next week and install the LEDs.

01CB1DD9-80F3-4305-AF14-CB552E080871.jpeg

A1CB5006-A674-408B-BC82-C610035C834D.jpeg

27C3143F-E0DD-43F5-BC1C-D0A6E1F50F8C.jpeg

9011s in both low and high beams are the most economical way to go and maybe giving the best light you can get. It made a huge difference while only taking a couple minutes per light modification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom