Springs and Control arms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I have to say these superior engineering control arms are serious I socred these off Ebay for a 1/3 what they cost and no overseas shipping thanks to @davidotero pointing them out to me, I had no idea they wernet used at all but totally new. Unreal Now on thanksgiving Im going to start putting it all in , in my driveway F^%$ it. I cant wait and defintly dont want to wait until its even colder and windier out. I cant figure out why the dobinson spring are so much larger than the king springs and I hope they do what I need or Ill end up swapping them out again . But I love this, absolutely love it.
DSCN3848.JPG
DSCN3849.JPG

DSCN3850.JPG

Which Doninson springs did you get? They appear to be a standard, single rate coil.

Which Doninson springs did you get? They appear to be a standard, single rate coil.
C59-312 and C59-313 they are claimed to be 4in lift like the kings I have now but they are a lot taller

Those arms are sweet.

I think I have the same 4" Dobinsons. They are "progressive" but not the dual rate like slinky's, as they only come in the 3" variety. You're right...they are really long.

I've installed several different front coils on 80s and these were the only ones were I had to disconnect the front panhard and loosen the radius arm bolts and had my 275lb buddy stand on the hub so I could jam them in haha. They ride amazing, you'll be stoked.

Reactions: RFB
C59-312 and C59-313 they are claimed to be 4in lift like the kings I have now but they are a lot taller
The coils pictured in one of your previous posts must be the rears?? They look short to be the fronts.

Seems like you would have gone with Dobinsons tapered coils in the front in order to take advantage of the increased down travel offered by the super flex arms.

Those arms are sweet.

I think I have the same 4" Dobinsons. They are "progressive" but not the dual rate like slinky's, as they only come in the 3" variety. You're right...they are really long.

I've installed several different front coils on 80s and these were the only ones were I had to disconnect the front panhard and loosen the radius arm bolts and had my 275lb buddy stand on the hub so I could jam them in haha. They ride amazing, you'll be stoked.
Ive never installed coils so this is taking some research for sure the 4in kings are a lot smaller in height(under load) and the dobbys have far more turns compared to the kings. Plus Im doing the controls arms at same time so hopefully I dont break anything and my 275 lb buddy is going to be my bottle jack lol

The coils pictured in one of your previous posts must be the rears?? They look short to be the fronts.

Seems like you would have gone with Dobinsons tapered coils in the front in order to take advantage of the increased down travel offered by the super flex arms.
they are the rears and I got the superior because they were 500 compared to 1200 for slees and slee isnt to great at aswering the phone lately, so is what it not like I have any issue with changing out parts.

these are the front springs 21in tall and these are the claimed same springs from 4 still installed in truck dobinsons have 4 more turns than kings
DSCN3851.JPG
DSCN3852.JPG

these are the front springs 21in tall and these are the claimed same springs from 4 still installed in truck dobinsons have 4 more turns than kings View attachment 1579530 View attachment 1579531
I went back and forth with @davidotero ad nauseum over not wanting to go any higher with lift, BUT needed more weight carrying ability in rear because with the rear drawers fridge spare tools the 80 sagged a lot more than I wanted plus these springs (kings) are excellent off road but on road not the greatest, So im putting the new springs in and control arms because I want to lose the caster correct plates im currently running. I also installed the rear whiteline sway connected up to landtank HD links and it improved the body roll issue a lot, the front whieline sway ay never be installed I fitted it in place and planned on installing the LCP quik dissconnects but with the rear sway alone Ive eliminated most of the roll so I may never install front.

My 3” Dobinson tapered (slinky like) coils s are nearly 24” tall. I run a spacer to get 4” of lift. I recommend these springs to you for two reasons: they will ride better in all circumstances and, they will allow you to take advantage of the travel afforded by those radius arms you scored.

Either the tapered coils or the 4” flexi, progressive coil. Better ride and more down travel as long as your shocks are long enough.

DJI_0035_Moment(3).jpg
most pics are on IG these arms are the shiite. and shes not stretched out all thee way in either pics. I rolled with a 3 linked fzj off this forum and we were very close in articulation.
DSCN7539_Moment(3).jpg

Last edited:
I would say the Superior control arm are definantly better than stock arms.
They now have hyper arms. Both are the C type arm.

I would say the Superior control arm are definantly better than stock arms.
They now have hyper arms. Both are the C type arm.
Hyper expensive??? Yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom