1HZ/1HDT engine mounting brackets for 6x series cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any news on the 40 series mounts?

Justin at Redline was working on them but I haven't heard much in a while. If that desk doesn't pan out ..... we've got a 40 coming in for a turbod 1HZ in late September. At that point we will make the mounts ourselves and then offer them for sale.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Nice! I won't be needing them untill the end of the year, so that's perfectly fine.

Thanks!

Justin at Redline was working on them but I haven't heard much in a while. If that desk doesn't pan out ..... we've got a 40 coming in for a turbod 1HZ in late September. At that point we will make the mounts ourselves and then offer them for sale.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

:clap:

:clap:

Yes they are in stock.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Can-Am-Cruisers

Hey Guys its Western Australia Here. I need a set of 1HZ engine mounts for my 1977 fj45 troopy. Its got the 2F motor in it and I want a 1HZ motor in it with 5 speed.

Can you post me a set of 1HZ mounts please ASAP. Give me explicit details of where to send money.
Cheers
Peter

Georg, will these also work with a 12HT conversion?

Thanks Georg!

Hey Georg- happy new year!

Another bump for 40 series mounts. Any further progress on these - last I heard you were going to tweak these a bit to make them better before you made them available for the masses. Swapping HZ/HD Toyota diesels into 40s seems to be trending.

Personally, I am about ready to put the h55 cross member on to lock in the motor mount position. Your mounts would make this so easy!

For future reference:

Today we helped @davegonz mount a 1HZ motor into his 60 frame using these frame mounts. It was initially difficult to figure out which configuration of frame, motor, and transmission crossmember mounts was correct.

To help clarify which side frame/engine mount is which:

1. The longer, angled frame mount goes on the left, with the shorter 70 series engine block mount. As noted by @crushers on page 2, the 70 and 80 series engine mounts are not the same and 80 series mounts will not work.
E8DE2F78-9F91-4A77-AEBB-E92645BC8B5C.jpeg

C67B2030-F1FD-4FDA-A774-2409719072B3.jpeg

2. The shorter, straight frame mount goes on the right, with the longer 70 series engine block mount.

812F487F-FA6F-41AC-A7D0-56F3DB8B9FEA.jpeg

3. The transmission crossmember support (engine insulator) looks almost symmetrical but can be put on backwards. Ask me how I know. The correct orientation should be the one that shifts the engine slightly to the right of the crossmember mounting holes. It clocks the drivetrain several degrees clockwise and shifts the motor about 1 inch towards the passenger side. You know that you have the orientation correct when the transmission shifter tunnel is in the center of the floor pan, as it should be.

Here, we are looking towards the front of the truck at the back of the crossmember and the transmission mount. My thumb and long finger are on the crossmember mounting bolts, and you can see that the transmission is offset to the right.

49169AB3-0BA0-48E2-A9C6-F59817852EC9.jpeg

Here is another view, this time looking from front to back (towards the rear of the truck). Again you can see that the drivetrain is shifted to the right, relative to the crossmember mounting bolts.

615C6F36-17D2-4C45-BACE-CFF56781BB77.jpeg

When you get everything in its right place, the transmission tunnel is perfectly centered in the floor pan cutout.

72314AD3-FD25-47BA-AF08-64243EA08A71.jpeg

The motor looks like it was born there.

D754F106-AAF9-411F-865C-B0D4966D9466.jpeg

Thanks Georg @orangefj45 for a bomber product. My 60 is next...right?

Yeah, someone owes us some beers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom