200 series picture thread (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mark what were you thinking? 3 more holiday weekends like this and the Salton Sea will be filled in from settling dust.

Mark what were you thinking? 3 more holiday weekends like this and the Salton Sea will be filled in from settling dust.

It really was astoundingly dusty. Like someone had shaken a huge bag of talcum powder that just wouldn't go away. Was watching all the guys in side-by-sides, quads, etc. breathing it all in. Ugh. Must have had smoker's lung after only a few minutes. Meanwhile, I was happy to have installed a new rear hatch seal recently. Used to "leak" major dust around the edges of the hatch.

I bet you were happy. Did you have to run an antenna w/ flag? Think I would've run the washes back into Borrego where the ORV crowd isn't allowed besides it's into the wind

Here's my wife's new child hauler...just got 275/65/18 KO2s and Fuel Beasts installed yesterday. Only slight rubbing when turning in reverse. That was enough Black Friday shopping for me. Future plan is to uparmor with ARB Sahara no hoop and ARB rear bumpers. Purely for the safety of the children...is what I keep telling her.

Thanks to @Island1064 for the inspiration.

Screenshot_20171125-082032.jpg

Here's my wife's new child hauler...just got 275/65/18 KO2s and Fuel Beasts installed yesterday. Only slight rubbing when turning in reverse. That was enough Black Friday shopping for me. Future plan is to uparmor with ARB Sahara no hoop and ARB rear bumpers. Purely for the safety of the children...is what I keep telling her.

View attachment 1580557

Turned out great!

View attachment 1580557
Beautiful

Safety of the children always comes first :D

Went to Salton Sea on the way home
20171122_125052.jpg

Quick stop at the gas station

20171122_132547.jpg

20171122_133558 (2).jpg
20171122_134113 (2).jpg

Bombay Beach

20171122_134327.jpg

These water boatman bugs are attracted to to dark shiny paint, it looks like water to them. It was insane - as soon as we stopped, they literally started raining down on the car. The fish are dying in the sea, so these bugs don't have a real predatory threat. They are beyond prolific.

View attachment 1580557
Those fuel beasts are really nice, would I need to change anything or can I just do a direct swap with no issues? I currently have BFG 275/70/18

Last edited:
I got a 20mm offset as Island1064 did.

Yeah that’s like Spanish to me. I don’t know how all that offset stuff works

It means his 20mm offset wheels place his tires 40mm farther outward than stock wheels do, for a much wider stance. Stock wheels are 60mm offset.

That’s very close to where wheels/tires sit when Spidertrax 1.25” spacers are added to stock wheels.

It means his 20mm offset wheels place his tires 40mm farther outward than stock wheels do, for a much wider stance. Stock wheels are 60mm offset.

That’s very close to where wheels/tires sit when Spidertrax 1.25” spacers are added to stock wheels.
Ah thanks. I’m seriously thinking about picking these up (most likely after the winter) but have never had an after market wheel before so I don’t have a clue where to start. Does the off set effect handling and ride quality and I suppose you get a better chance of rubbing too.

Sorry to derail this thread a little bit.

Ah thanks. I’m seriously thinking about picking these up (most likely after the winter) but have never had an after market wheel before so I don’t have a clue where to start. Does the off set effect handling and ride quality and I suppose you get a better chance of rubbing too.

Sorry to derail this thread a little bit.

If you have stock bumpers with 33’s, you may need to remove mud flaps in front. Easy to do though. Maybe a wee bit of rubbing at full turn if all stock...but only on a bit of plastic.

If you have stock bumpers with 33’s, you may need to remove mud flaps in front. Easy to do though. Maybe a wee bit of rubbing at full turn if all stock...but only on a bit of plastic.
Lmao, 275/70/18 (that’s what I have) = 33 I guess ??:meh: ;)

A few days out at Big Bend NP before Thanksgiving.

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_20171117_175707.jpg

IMG_20171117_174716.jpg

IMG_20171117_174101.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

Took my 100 series in for service and saw this 200 with a vinyl wrap job, old style "land cruiser" emblems, an aluminum roof rack, and atx wheels painted....

Left the white top exposed to show some FJ throwback love.

Not a huge fan of the build but appreciate the color, as well as, the vision and effort. My favorite part was the saddle leather interior (and it was from the factory).

My wife and I drive 100's and don't really see ourselves crossing over into the 200 world yet but couldn't resist the chance to photo a cruiser and share it with the community.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom