Builds Barn Find 1983 FJ45 Troopcarrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had my neighbour disturbing just at the wrong moment when fitted the gear shift decal and of course I stuffed it up!
I wanted to kill the guy.. and he always comes at the wrong time!
I had only one decal so that will wait now..

Engine bay in progress.. missing the brake master and a few decals here and there. Otherwise complete.

IMG_4611.JPG

IMG_4613.JPG

Front seat complete overhaul.. straight, blast and paint the seat frame and panels. Foams were quite preserved so I'll only swap the vinyl covers with new SOR gray trims. That is the only and closest match to originals available..

IMG_4654.JPG

IMG_4655.JPG

IMG_4656.JPG

IMG_4657.JPG

Exquisite Work! :clap:
I tried paying attention to detail going thru my truck, but you sir have elevated the standard on so many levels. . .
I would seriously need to consider building an additional room on the house for this masterpiece to live in.
Looking forward to more updates; I will try to suppress my envy as I admire your effort and workmanship.

Exquisite Work! :clap:
I tried paying attention to detail going thru my truck, but you sir have elevated the standard on so many levels. . .
I would seriously need to consider building an additional room on the house for this masterpiece to live in.
Looking forward to more updates; I will try to suppress my envy as I admire your effort and workmanship.
Thank you Sir! (22likes in a row) I never received an attention like yours!! Very happy if I could please your interest :)

As you're nearing the side sliding windows assembly, I was wondering if you've found a good source for a glass and handle as I'm missing one on my 80 Australian Troopy. I've asked high and low and no one seems to have one, at least not on my neck of the woods. By the way, my troopy was in a very similar condition as yours before I started the restoring process, but by page 5 I knew my process couldn't hold a candle to your flame. I salute you

As you're nearing the side sliding windows assembly, I was wondering if you've found a good source for a glass and handle as I'm missing one on my 80 Australian Troopy. I've asked high and low and no one seems to have one, at least not on my neck of the woods. By the way, my troopy was in a very similar condition as yours before I started the restoring process, but by page 5 I knew my process couldn't hold a candle to your flame. I salute you
Too kind your notes.. my liver grows ;)
Pm me I have them

Thank you Sir! (22likes in a row) I never received an attention like yours!! Very happy if I could please your interest

I don't always read the MUD Forum, but when I do I hit the "like" button. . . (That will make no sense unless you've seen a Dos Equis Beer commercial).

I'm not much of a social media guy and really do not know the significance of "likes." I enjoy your pictures and workmanship (and those of other members) -- honestly there is a lot here to like! There is no way to keep up with all the great activity on the forum and I get behind reading up on what everyone is up to. When I attempt some catch up a "like wave" can result; its also a way to let you know Ive read more than the last post or two. ;)

I'm not a social media addict either .. your like wave exactly showed that you have read through the lot.. I was truly impressed and I just had to somehow reciprocate your attention. Its a good way to show respect and attention.. something that modern society is lacking very much.
One of the purpose of these threads I guess is a record keeping and self inspiration since these projects may take years. We sort of keep an eye outbon each other so the project is getting followed through.. and heaps of valuable information sharing..

Just a couple of tricks doing the door seal..
- do it when relaxed and without disturbance
- practice it without glue
- Doing it in two sections
- mask the door panel to get a straight glue line and to guide mating straight
- paint the glue between the two masking lines on the door panel
- at the bottom of the door don't block the drain holes with over glueing
- follow the preferred glue instructions of cureing times to mate
- start to lay your seal from one of the top corners as reference point.
- use @Racer65 seals .. best on market!

It's been 19 days. I need a fix.:)

Finally getting to the exhaust.. these are the original LWB hangers. There are three ancoring points of the original system. I will restore these to oem specs, with a slight upgrade of using ss pipes, similarly of what I did with the brake lines.
The hangers and the brackets seem to be yellow cad plated as some of the preserved areas under the rubber mount shows.

E14080CB-D1EB-41A1-A2E4-FB8767321E73.jpeg

0C0687EF-80B2-42E3-9452-712515A5A0A0.jpeg

7D64FBE1-CAA0-4436-9706-E1CB6B737E0E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom