Unobtainium (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Most of what look like scratches are adhesive residue. I got a hood; upper sides and doors and was very please with same. One small dent in one of the quarter but minor.

Also Brendan in Classic Cruisers Ireland (Senior on here) can remake pretty much any of the tub panels to OEM spec; I seen on there facebook ICON requesting hoods :) Brendan remade my tub.

If I can track down New Fenders RHD (Which seem to be available in Japan ill have pretty much all new body work bar the vehicles original Fire Wall. It was a basket case when I bought it.

@ Racer65 can you get the 16 inch wheels manufactured wider with the clips ??

Production is now being planned. There are a few variants we can make. The above model is 44320-60040. Definitely there will be a non-U.S. version (44320-60061) with the reservoir port on the opposite side.
The pumps will use high quality HNBR rubber seals. The goal is not just replicating the original, but to make it stronger and less leak prone by leveraging modern materials, all for under $200.

So let’s talk about this PS Pump! When might they be available, how about the bracket and pulley? Will I have to drill holes in my Feb ‘75 2F? Where would the holes be if they were there? I’m doing the mini truck conversion now and will run GM pump till then.

I’m pretty pumped!! :rofl:

Last edited:
So let’s talk about this PS Pump! When might they be available, how about the bracket and pulley? Will I have to drill holes in my Feb ‘75 2F? Where would the holes be if they were there? I’m doing the mini truck conversion now and will run GM pump till then.

I've done the mini-truck power steering conversion on my '71 FJ40 and '76 FJ40 using this pump:

44320-16020 - Toyota Parts Deal

I don't have to meet smog requirements so I ditched the smog pump and mounted the Tercel pump to the smog pump bracket. Also used a mid-'80s Cressida adjusting bracket (stumbled across this at a wrecking yard in Santa Fe). Works great. The '76 saw some pretty tough action this summer at the Solid Axle Summit in Ouray, Colorado and the power steering set-up did just fine running stock-size tires.

I should probably buy a couple of the new pumps to keep as spares, not sure how long they'll be available from Toyota.

Decided for now to just order the gasket/seal kit for the Tercel PS pump, a lot cheaper!

Current scope is just the pump. The conversion kit would be a different project in itself, so I would defer that to other vendors in this space. What this pump allows is for more people to go with a stock or stock-like setup. The way the market is heading, a FJ40 with OE style power steering (in terms of both function and appearance) will have added value. Functionally, this pump will provide the same level of assist as OE, in contrast with the GM pump that is over assisted.

Put me on your list for that beauty! will it be silver or the gold / yellow color?

It will be silver. Toyota itself has migrated most if not all of the yellow parts to silver.

Will you be making this variant
44320-60020

There are 4 variants being considered:
44320-60020 (79 to 80 FJ40)
44320-60040 (81 to 82 FJ40)
44320-60071 (81 to 87 FJ40 and FJ60)
44320-60061 (81 to 87 non-US FJ40 and FJ60)

Frankly, I'm not sure if there are substantive differences among 60020/60040/60071 to warrant making 3 versions, so that's still being researched. If anyone has information, I would welcome your input.

FYI - my supply of new OEM fenders are now all spoken for... :(

If you missed out on the new fenders you are in luck - one deal fell through so I have one set left. One is NNS (New New Stock) and the other is NOS (New Old Stock). Both have factory primer. The NOS one has some more scuffing on it due to storage/moving but otherwise is in the same condition as the NNS one. PM if interested. Thanks!

Roger @Racer65 I don't know much about glass, however reproducing my new old stock sd-40 sight glass might be a good idea. I was going to check with a local glass company and get there thoughts. What are your thoughts?

20171130_184203.jpg

Roger @Racer65 I don't know much about glass, however reproducing my new old stock sd-40 sight glass might be a good idea. I was going to check with a local glass company and get there thoughts. What are your thoughts?

View attachment 1584079
I saw a thread where someone (@76FJ40 ?) said they are pursuing that.

If you missed out on the new fenders you are in luck - one deal fell through so I have one set left. One is NNS (New New Stock) and the other is NOS (New Old Stock). Both have factory primer. The NOS one has some more scuffing on it due to storage/moving but otherwise is in the same condition as the NNS one. PM if interested. Thanks!
They say if you have to ask that you probably can't afford it. But can you pm me a price on those fenders if they are still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom