MetalTech October Sales (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m in Springfield, 10 minutes south of you. Post a pic of your truck I want to see if I’ve seen you around or not, I don’t see too many LCs around here that’s not owned by soccer moms.

uwBZjbJ.jpg

The sliders are for my new-to-me 80 that I'm expecting to show up today
uwBZjbJ

I just got an email from MT with some good and bad news. The bad is that they won't have them to ship until December 5th. The good news is that they found a cheaper shipping option that saved an additional $68! So, I guess I don't mind waiting a little longer…

I'm getting a steel LC100 bumper shipped to me from California - to Florida - by FedEx for $200. I got a door by LTL from Oregon to FL for $200. Just the fact that they can't be bothered to "find" a cheaper shipping option for their customers until you ask is enough for me to not do business with them. And BTW, they knocked the same amount off for me when I asked. So my guess is they are padding their shipping in order to lower their up front price to entice customers.

Last edited:
uwBZjbJ.jpg

The sliders are for my new-to-me 80 that I'm expecting to show up today
uwBZjbJ

Damn that’s all decked out! I don’t think ever seen your rig around. Yeah I can’t cancel the trail gear sliders so I guess I’ll play with it when it gets here, if I mess up it’s just $200 down the drain, no big deal.

I did some searching on mud last night, and there were several people who sang the praises of appliance enamel for it's durability and UV resistance over typical Krylon/Rustoleum. I went and picked up a couple cans of etching primer and three cans of black appliance paint. Will report back after painting.

I did some searching on mud last night, and there were several people who sang the praises of appliance enamel for it's durability and UV resistance over typical Krylon/Rustoleum. I went and picked up a couple cans of etching primer and three cans of black appliance paint. Will report back after painting.
You'll need to clean the grease off the metal before priming. I used a couple cans of brake cleaner.

You'll need to clean the grease off the metal before priming. I used a couple cans of brake cleaner.

True dat. I got plenty of brake cleaner and acetone. Oh, and a respirator, of course. Gonna rig something up so I can hang them from the garage ceiling.

I would clean it with degreaser and then rough it up with some 200 grit sandpaper, then clean it off then hit it with primer.

I would clean it with degreaser and then rough it up with some 200 grit sandpaper, then clean it off then hit it with primer.

You think it'll need sanding? Is that to rough it up a bit for paint? Or you think I'll have some rough spots I'll wanna smooth out for paint?

You think it'll need sanding? Is that to rough it up a bit for paint? Or you think I'll have some rough spots I'll wanna smooth out for paint?

Rough it up so paint will stick better, and sliders don’t need to be smooth, they’re gonna get scuffed up from stepping on it and taking abuse on the rocks.

Time for Veterans Day sales

IMG_1968.PNG

Cyber Monday Sales and they are much more appealing to us 100 series guys!

IMG_2016.PNG

Looks like you beat me to the punch on that one @C6H12O6 in the Black Friday Deals thread!

FYI, I just ordered a set of OPOR sliders for my LX for $668 shipped to NJ after the discount. That's cheaper than any other option, including what I was quoted locally to weld up some Trail Gears. The trick is to bypass their website altogether and email directly requesting a quote with shipping and ask them to ship in a box via UPS instead of on a pallet via truck freight. I paid about $150 for shipping which is fair considering the package weighs 180lbs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom