7th Annual 100s in the Hills Trip Report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another great video! Great job Logan!

My son Logan has been working on this. He's an aspiring filmmaker. Really proud of what he put together. Enjoy!!

Wow! That's very well put together. I think he's got a future in that business! It felt like a short story or something - more than just some clips thrown together. Nice job!

Fantastic job Logan! With all these killer video's, it's hardly a prediction that HIH8 will sell out in record time!

Last edited:
I know I might be a little late in getting my Toyota Trails magazine, but there's a nice article written by Stan. Pretty neat story. It's great to have such good friends and a bonus if they love land cruisers!

Lou dog!

IMG_2326.JPG

...or bringing the gang to Montana?

Or 100's in the Black Hills! But seriously, Silverton is kind of hard to beat .

We're working on it. Dates are most likely going to change for HIH8. We're having a difficult time getting everything to line up for the last week of July, so we do not expect HIH8 to be the same weekends as HIH's of the past.

We're on it and will have something ASAP. HIH9 and beyond will have set dates well in advance.

Earlier? Please say earlier! :)

Really looking forward to going again. HIH7 was a blast and my wife has been talking bout it ever since. Besides I need another opportunity to win something in the awesome raffle since I got stiffed last year!

Really looking forward to going again. HIH7 was a blast and my wife has been talking bout it ever since. Besides I need another opportunity to win something in the awesome raffle since I got stiffed last year!
Hows Leo?

Can't do earlier, most of the Ouray/Telluride trails dont open til mid July because of snow. The bro-show known as the FJ Summit owns that area for a solid week in mid July...

This will be my first time out. Where is it best to keep an eye for announcing ticket sales? I have read that they will go quickly!

Quick Update and some BREAKING NEWS as of this morning!

Just a quick update for everyone looking for HIH8 dates. It has not been the easiest of offseasons for Chris and I to plan HIH8. Chris just got married and I coach competitive basketball and soccer, so everything has been pushed back a little as far as our planning.

We knew early on that we would not have Kendall Mountain during the normal HIH weekend. The Jeep Jamboree is in their final year at Kendall (they rotate every four years and 2018 is their final year under contract with the Town of Silverton)

We will occupy that space every year after 2018 during our standard HIH dates. This give us a little separation from the Hard Rock Race, FJ Summit and few other non-vehicle based events.

sidenote: If you think driving for 100+ miles around Silverton is cool, the participants of the Hard Rock Hundred are not in 100s, as the name may suggest. It's a 100 mile endurance ultra marathon.
I believe Garrett (I forget his MUD name) has run this race and been a multi-time attendee at HIH. Pretty incredible accomplishment.

From the website:
The Hardrock Hundred Mile Endurance Run is an ultramarathon of 100.5 miles in length, plus 33,050 feet of climb and 33,050 feet of descent for a total elevation change of 66,100 feet, at an average elevation of over 11,000 feet. The run is held on a loop course on 4WD roads, dirt trails, and cross country in Southern Colorado's San Juan Range, USA.

Sooooo....... HIH8 is still in the planning process. Regardless of how we feel about the event, FJ Summit has seniority and Chris and I have always felt that it was important for us to allow them to pick their dates first. They've been around longer. The Jeep Jamboree has been around for many many years and they have had their dates scheduled almost 10 years ago. We're working hard to ensure that HIH remains the top-shelf event that we've always envisioned it to be.

We have a few options, but you can expect new dates for the 2018 event and possibly a new location. We keep getting emails about moving the event out of Colorado, but we have no plans for that in 2018.

*BREAKING NEWS*
And perhaps the biggest news yet....... SILVERTON HAS FOUND OUR BANNER!!!!

#WheresOurBanner can now be put to rest.

*BREAKING NEWS*
And perhaps the biggest news yet....... SILVERTON HAS FOUND OUR BANNER!!!!

#WheresOurBanner can now be put to rest.

Proof that an intense hashtag campaign works!!!

Congrats Chris! Good luck on the seasons Stan!

Thanks for the update Stan, I will crack a beer in celebration of the found banner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom