Unofficial Ohio Cruiser parts FS/WTB/trade thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Working on a building a mongrel front disc brake axle for my FJ45 using odds & ends. Unfortunately, I'm exactly one part shy of a complete front disc axle. :bang:

I'm looking for a left front (long side) axleshaft from 68-newer FJ40 or FJ55. Could be from a worthless drum brake axle. Just need an inner shaft. Already have a pair of FJ60 birfs and a short side shaft. Please post up if you got one. Thanks!
I ve got a whole 70 axle. All yours if you want to pick it up in canton area

DD4B9D8E-CC45-4FAD-99A1-78ECDBB8B981.jpeg

Jim,

I have complete front and rear axles from ‘76 with the exception of the warn hubs.

I also have that gas tank you were thinking you may need.

In Galena. Give me a call. 330-831-3430

Marley, thanks for the offer. I'm working on another freebie that I may be able to pick up Thursday while traveling. If that falls through, you're next.
Ben, thanks, but I just need the inner axleshaft. I don't want to take it out of your complete disc axle, thereby turning it into a worthless paperweight. You should be able to sell a complete disc axle for a few hunnert bucks.

Marley, thanks for the offer. I'm working on another freebie that I may be able to pick up Thursday while traveling. If that falls through, you're next.
Ben, thanks, but I just need the inner axleshaft. I don't want to take it out of your complete disc axle, thereby turning it into a worthless paperweight. You should be able to sell a complete disc axle for a few hunnert bucks.
Not a problem its here if you need it

Same. Just let me know. Have a set of front and rear from the 76.

Just to finish out my search for FJ40 inner axle shaft, Ended up getting a complete pair from Alberto, and the just the long side shaft from Zebrabee.
Cleaned & repacked the pair of shafts from Alberto and installed them. Wrapped up my FJ60 spares and stashed them away.The lone shaft from Zebrabee will be retiurned to his trail spares box.

Thanks everybody!

Looking for a split hood locally for my 70 fj40 does not have to be perfect. Any leads will help I have cash, parts to trade, a 72 hood ect.

Need a stock 40 steelie. Picked up 4 awhile ago and looking to get them blasted and painted/ coated in anticipation of some new tires. Would like to get all 5 done at once.

Jim- do you have one laying around your side bay by chance?

Have the white oem spokes on now that I will eventually be unloading as an FYI.

Death wobble is haunting my 87 FJ60. There is too much play in the steering box.
Anybody have a 85-97 60/80 steering gear box?
I would like to rebuild a better candidate, then just swap it on.

Death wobble is haunting my 87 FJ60. There is too much play in the steering box.
Anybody have a 85-97 60/80 steering gear box?
I would like to rebuild a better candidate, then just swap it on.
I thought I had loaned you a steering box? If not I should have an FJ62 box at my brothers. Near the 2f head and the 3fe head and the rusty FJ40 trans hump cover...

Nick

Free or cheap:
Front & rear axles for 1962 FJ40/45. Note that this a centered rear axle, great for a drivetrain swap. Totally stock with decent bearings & brakes.

Pay me whatever it's worth to you. Root beer or donuts is acceptable currency.
IMG_20180526_135023.jpg
IMG_20180526_134949.jpg

No, it turns out the Selectro design is defective from the get go. I've always appreciated their ease of use, but just realized they lack any provision for using the lock ring on the end of the outer axle. The lock ring is a requirement for holding the CV in position so the CV virtual center is aligned with the steering axis.

No, it turns out the Selectro design is defective from the get go. I've always appreciated their ease of use, but just realized they lack any provision for using the lock ring on the end of the outer axle. The lock ring is a requirement for holding the CV in position so the CV virtual center is aligned with the steering axis.

Ive got a decent set of course spline Warn, your thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom