Spacers (1” vs 1.25”) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know there are more than a few spacer threads but I couldn’t find a definitive answer to whether those who have experimented prefer the 1” or 1.25”.

In some instances there were reports of rubbing with the 1.25” and 285s and in others people indicating that 1” allows the factory lugs to protrude too far.

For reference, this will be with 16” LX wheels with Motorsport Tech spacers.

For those who have tried 1.25” — do you wish you’d gone with 1” initially?

Conversely, anyone with 1” wish they’d gone 1.25” ?

Thanks!

I have 285/70/17s on Rock Warriors and have a little bit of rubbing on the common area with 1.25" Spidertrax and a lil lift. Does not even bother me enough to put the rubbing issue on my TO DO LIST!!

If I were to fix the rub, seems like it would be a 10min job.

Too long of lugs and -maybe- the center cap not seating properly with 1" spacers though, seems like a problem not worth having...

I have the 1.25" BORA spacers on my Tundra SR5 18" wheels (mounted to my '98 LX). I run 275/70/18 KO2 and the tires are just at the fender. I don't think 1" would have been enough to widen the stance and make the LX look better. The 1.25" on the Toyota factory offset wheels is a perfect stance IMHO.

Spacers4.JPG

Spacers3.JPG

Spacers1.JPG

Running 1.25" Bora spacers on 285/65/18 BFG AT on 03 LC wheels with no rubbing whatsoever

I run Motorsport Tech's 3/4" spacer in the front on stock 16" LC wheels with 315/75 16 Duratracs. I believe this is the smallest thickness of spacer you can run without hitting the studs. I personally felt the least thickness of wheel spacer was ideal to prevent the tire from swinging in a wider arc and creating more clearance issues. I was not concerned about the look of it at all when I made this decision but I do like the end result anyways. I haven't had any clearance issues (I have a 1" BL BTW) in the few years I have run them this way, but of course, everyone's setups are a little different.

and I'm not sure if there is a difference between 16" LC and LX backspacing.

...in fact, I'll be sticking with the 3/4" for the 37" tires I am fitting also, FWIW.

Thanks all...really appreciate the photos!

My fear with the 1.25" is they provide a bit too much "poke" outside of the fenders...but all of my research today seems that it would push right to the edge but stop short of the crazy low offset diesel truck look.

Your right, I run 1.25 in front with 35’s looks great not outside the fender.

Spacers2.JPG

I tried 1.25" Spidertrax spacers with 275/70-18 on 2006 LC Wheels. My thoughts were that the stance was a bit too wide for my liking, especially in the rear. The tire sidewalls stuck outside the fenders just over a 1/4".

If there was a source for 3/4" hubcentric spacers, I would be interested but 1" might be okay.

Right now I am back to no spacers.

Last edited:
If there was a source for 3/4" hubcentric spacers, I would be interested but 1" might be okay.

I bought 3/8” first from Motorsport Tech and ran them on the front. Then wanted to push the rears out just a little to reduce rubbing on the inner fender so I moved them to the back and purchased the 3/4” from them for the front. Just make sure you clarify they are for the front. He misunderstood and they fit the back but not the front and I had to have a local machine shop fix.

View attachment 1579081

I tried 1.25" Spidertrax spacers with 275/70-18 on 2006 LC Wheels. My thoughts were that the stance was a bit too wide for my liking, especially in the rear. The tire sidewalls stuck outside the fenders just over a 1/4".

I keep waffling. The vast majority seem to go with the 1.25", however in your picture above (on 275s instead of the 285 I would run), they do seem to be slightly more than flush -- meaning with my 285s, they would definitely stick out even further.

I keep waffling. The vast majority seem to go with the 1.25", however in your picture above (on 275s instead of the 285 I would run), they do seem to be slightly more than flush -- meaning with my 285s, they would definitely stick out even further.

5mm is less than 1/5 of an inch in how much wider your tires are than his. I say go with the 1" spacer though.

I have the 1.25" BORA spacers on my Tundra SR5 18" wheels (mounted to my '98 LX). I run 275/70/18 KO2 and the tires are just at the fender. I don't think 1" would have been enough to widen the stance and make the LX look better. The 1.25" on the Toyota factory offset wheels is a perfect stance IMHO.

View attachment 1578450

View attachment 1578451

View attachment 1578452
Thanks for these pics! I have the same wheels and same tires in the same size. After seeing yours, I literally just called Lenny and adjusted my order from 1" spacers to 1.25" spacers. Really appreciate it. And great lookin' rig! Thanks.

FYI for anyone else: Three week ETA on 1.25" BORA spacers as of the time of this posting.

DF694915-42D3-49B3-AD50-A989C10F0571.jpeg
I went with 1” Bora spacer with 18” Tundra wheels. I’ll try and get a better side pic of how far they stick out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom