Best Aftermarket headLights For Fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I order a set from cityracer on 11-16 and they will be delivered tomorrow 11-22.

And after you install them, you will say; "Man, I wish I would have done this earlier."

Roundeye? Doesn't that sound a bit like a slur directed at Westerners? It would be like selling American-made wedge-shaped headlamps in Asia with the brand name "Slant."

Bump on @CityRacer LED headlights ... quick turn around, communication, and wow can I see better ... took all of 5 min to install.

I have Roundeyes in mine also, and they are a vast improvement over stock, especially with a supplemental headlight wiring harness.

But if/when they ever go out, I'm buying City Racer's LED lights.
Are these also low
I have Roundeyes in mine also, and they are a vast improvement over stock, especially with a supplemental headlight wiring harness.

But if/when they ever go out, I'm buying City Racer's LED lights.
are these low energy consumption like the LED’s are ?

Here’s the bulb that came in my RE’s.

:beer:Deutschland:beer:
38B51762-073C-4A80-8C32-4548E23F65C9.jpeg

87AD2EC1-F896-47DF-8E99-32141ABDA01F.jpeg

Before removed
17442A82-2EBB-45F0-A2AA-2A58DC6BD741.jpeg

Rubber cover
C09EC2B2-893A-44AD-984A-B8DD5890185F.jpeg

are these low energy consumption like the LED’s are ?

No! That's why the LED's are superior, and that's why you need a supplemental wiring harness that ties the headlights directly to the battery, if you're going to get full value from halogen lights (like Roundeyes).

No! That's why the LED's are superior, and that's why you need a supplemental wiring harness that ties the headlights directly to the battery, if you're going to get full value from halogen lights (like Roundeyes).
Do the LED’s come with that harness ?
All the ones I see say plug and play ..

I run the ARB IPF 920H Halogen headlights. I'm also running their aftermarket light harness and relays. I've been really happy with them, particularly over stock performance. They have a pretty crisp upper cut-off so, aimed correctly, you don't blind the folks you're driving behind.

DEC7980F-3D92-4094-94FE-E42AFE325BF5.jpeg

Here's a couple shots with my OEM headlight before upgrade. Note you can barely see the split rail fence about 15ft from the truck:

IMG_3037.JPG

IMG_3039.JPG

And here is after the IPF upgrade:

IMG_3209.JPG

Note the split rail fence was farther away in the second shot, PLUS, I illuminated the whole building behind it.
IMG_3208.JPG

A slight hijack. Many years ago I drove and crashed rally cars as a way to deplete a bank account. Lighting technology wasn't great, Cibie was the best headlight replacement but for brights we used aircraft landing lights from GE. Two or three in front and one in back for high speed reversing !

2BFD1C67-DD7C-453B-968A-F6AFBB25E8FE.jpeg
Just ordered these ! Love the slightly original look and heard some good things about them.. got 10% off
Bought the cheapest ones so roughly $170 shipped
Wish me lunch !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom