Torque Specs - 2F/3FE Engine Mounts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4Cruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
I've looked through my FSMs and Haynes manuals and did some searching here on MUD but can't find the torque specs for engine mount brackets to engine mounts and engine mounts to frame. Also, one of my FSMs says to use thread locker on the threads.

I just finished installing my H55f/FJ62 split transfer case combo in my '86 FJ60 project vehicle and torqued the bolts at the transmission mount and crossmember. I didn't look beyond my Haynes manual for torque specs for the eight bolts where the crossmember bolts to the frame, so I torqued them to 43 ft-lbs instead of 29 ft-lbs. Any problem there?

I don't think its that important in those areas. You get a feel for it. Tight enough for them not too come loose and a bit more is what you need.
I think the suspension U bolts are 80 ft lbs. You don't need engine mount brackets that tight.

Thanks, the FSMs sometimes refer to securely tightening the nuts at the engine mounts. I'm pretty sure I can get a good feel for it, similar to how I tighten the nuts at the carburetor base and the lug nuts on the wheels.

Use the guide in the back of the FSM for torque specs when it's not specifically called out in a procedure.

Those bolts are "hexagon head bolts".

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks, just used the standard torque specs table in my FJ62 FSM for tightening the four bolts for mounting the 3FE A/C compressor mounting bracket to the engine/engine mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom