Alternator swap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a higher amperage alternator out there that will work with the 3b? I'm terrible at finding things on the internet so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Is there a higher amperage alternator out there that will work with the 3b? I'm terrible at finding things on the internet so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Is it 12v or 24v? You must know it has bigger brothers and sisters with the 14B and 15B. Try googling them for alternators. Make sue they have vac pumps because some of the newer ones had them built in like the 1HZs I know they 70 and 80 amp alternators. But aussie ebay is probably easiest.

If one had a 24v truck, couldn't one install a small 12v alternator to power accessories? Or, is it just better to just do the solar converter route?

Yes, I cant see why not. You can buy adapter round to oval plug adapters if needed. The range of 24 volt alternators for B engines is big. I think you can go up to 40 or maybe 50 amp. I think you have a 30 amp now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom