LJ70/71 2" or 2.5" Remote reservoir shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FullyLitLED

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Has anyone here experimented with installing 2" or 2.5" remote reservoir shocks into a Bundera (LJ70/LJ71)? My shocks just blew out and yes OME is an option but I saw that they will be discontinuing those shocks sometime down the road for my application.

Any help would be appreciated

Do you really need something that technical? Maybe some high quality shocks with good damping would work

The front shocks on the LJ70s are Pin - Pin on each end of the shock.
To my knowledge, none of the major manufacturers of remote reservoir systems make a pin - pin set up.
Such a setup would require a good deal of fabrication/modification.

King Shocks will make anything you want... so pin - pin shouldn't be an issue. They are not cheap, however.
Yes, yes they do. Just ordered a set for my 79 series and fronts are pin/pin, rears are eye/eye.

The front shocks on the LJ70s are Pin - Pin on each end of the shock.
To my knowledge, none of the major manufacturers of remote reservoir systems make a pin - pin set up.
Such a setup would require a good deal of fabrication/modification.
King, icon, fox, radflo all do pin/pin configuration and come in 2.5" remote res

Please post part numbers for the Front Eye-Eye Set Up, so we can put this matter to rest.

FYI: Rear Shock Set Up on LJ70, One is Eye-Eye, and the other Eye-Pin.

Last edited:
Here are the part numbers for KING Front Pin-Pin for Land Cruiser 76,78, 79

#25001-363/ 363A

Again, I haven't seen anything front pin/pin with remote reservoir specific to LJ70.
If there is, please post the photos.

Just be aware that there are some differences in LJ70/71 shocks over the years if you are searching catalogs for something to fit. Eg my 1990 LJ71 was eye top, pin bottom both front & back.

Cheers
Clint

If anyone decides on a custom King Shock for the LJ, drop me a note. I have plenty of experience not only ordering such items from King, but also purchasing the parts to build them in house... that includes design, machining, welding, and assembly, should it be required.

If anyone decides on a custom King Shock for the LJ, drop me a note. I have plenty of experience not only ordering such items from King, but also purchasing the parts to build them in house... that includes design, machining, welding, and assembly, should it be required.

I am about to bite the bullet and order up...just have to finish my evo build

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom