Builds Project Beat the Baby- 76 FJ40 -5.3, 4l60, Atlas, Dynatrac 60 etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little progress update. Metaltech cage installed, painted in some brush on rustoleum hammered finish, same stuff i used on my frame. Takes like a week to dry but is an incredibly durable finish and masks defects well.
Fuel cell is an RCI 15 gallon, got it installed with some Artec mounts and plumbed so I can theoretically fire my engine up and hear the beast for the first time. Probably will do that this week.
The rear seat is a stock seat from a Jeep Wrangler TJ with the fold/tumble brackets installed and flipped to fit the FJ tub.
Got my trans tunnel cover finished, that was fun.... I need to lengthen the Lokar shifter to a usable height, figure out some shift boots then button that thing down.

oops double post

Update on the truck, it's getting closer!
Recently finished:
-04 wrx seats installed (with seat heaters) and mastercraft harnesses
-Rear driveshaft shortened and installed. Used an 03 superduty front driveshaft as it's a beefy 1350 double cardan. Had to clearance it a lot to get 30 deg. of angle out of it.
-Harness installed, used speedway universal 22 circuit harness and retained factory ignition switch and turn signal.
-Gauge panel made, used LED for high beam, turn signal indicator and CEL. Had to run a manual fuel level gauge for my fuel cell sending unit. The rest of the gauges will be on a 10" android tablet with a RAM mount.
-Headlights and taillights are from a HMMWV and are truck-lite LED.
-Air intake and filter all mounted and installed. Used a cobra head adapter to deal with the tight spaceclaim up front. Helps to be using speed density and not have to install a MAF
-Mounted my optima where the blower motor was.
-Made some bling rocker panel covers to hide some of the body damage I didn't want to take the time to fix.
-Brakes are all done. Eventually I'll re-do the fronts and run them down the top of the upper link.
-Rear shocks are done
-throttle pedal mounted

Still need to:
-bump stops
-fan shroud
-front driveshaft (2 piece ugh)
-little bits of wiring
-stereo
-rear axle breather
-wipers
-make brake lights work properly (going from separate brake, turn and park lights to rear lights that share a brake and turn signal). Am getting voltage backfeeding when turn is on and brake is hit.
-sliders, bumpers and rear tire carrier
-swaybar
-alignment

20171024_173952_resized.jpg

20171024_173421_resized.jpg

20171020_174753_resized.jpg

20171027_114557_resized.jpg

20171027_114611_resized.jpg

20171027_141236_resized.jpg

20171027_201715_resized.jpg

20171111_180534_resized.jpg

20171112_104523_resized.jpg

20171112_220427_resized.jpg

My truck in the back is 1" too tall to clear my garage door so I installed a rear pull down winch. The harbor freight ATV winch is 70 bucks and has a wireless remote:

Looks really great! I’ve been using my front winch under the axles to the rear bumper but I think I could get away with just one in the rear. Great idea.

It’s really coming together nicely. On your tail lights, you may have to use a trailer light converter. Something like this one.

0070F6D2-C4C5-44F1-BC37-2BABEEA193FB.jpeg

Looks really great! I’ve been using my front winch under the axles to the rear bumper but I think I could get away with just one in the rear. Great idea.

It’s really coming together nicely. On your tail lights, you may have to use a trailer light converter. Something like this one.

View attachment 1578062
The rear was very easy to rig up, especially with a wireless remote it's literally running 2 wires.

Good suggestion on the tail lights, I'll check that out!

I haven't updated this in quite a while. Rig is close! Had to re-do steering geometry to eliminate roll oversteer issue. I need to finish my 2 piece front driveshaft then it's shakedown wheeling time. Possibly for sale soon as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom