Rotors and Calipers needed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picture from today of my rear rotors and calipers. Went to put in new EBC pads and discovered this.

Where should I get my rotors? Anyone with a good link to some OEM calipers?

Mine are crumbling like hard stale bread!

A1A6ED39-C299-4D04-AE3D-329430D24BBD.jpeg

FA9EA70B-902A-4A60-9169-5864161623DF.jpeg

I had a shop do all four calipers, rotors and pads with aftermarket about 1 1/2 years ago. Came with 60,000km warranty parts and labour. Front calipers lasted about 8 months and maybe 10,000km before multiple pistons seized, shop did full replacement caliper, rotor, pads with different brand. Im back now at shop after about same time and k's with three out four pistons seized on both front front calipers. There doing another full replacement sourcing Toyota parts. No cost to me but time so shop is stand up. Back brakes seem to be fine, pads at 6mm.
I did keep the old Toyota cores hoping to get a qaulity rebuild for future
IMG_1511057804680.jpg

Picture from today of my rear rotors and calipers. Went to put in new EBC pads and discovered this.

Where should I get my rotors? Anyone with a good link to some OEM calipers?

Mine are crumbling like hard stale bread!

View attachment 1576929

View attachment 1576930
I got terrain tamer drilled rotors here on the forum they are supposed to be great.
I had a shop do all four calipers, rotors and pads with aftermarket about 1 1/2 years ago. Came with 60,000km warranty parts and labour. Front calipers lasted about 8 months and maybe 10,000km before multiple pistons seized, shop did full replacement caliper, rotor, pads with different brand. Im back now at shop after about same time and k's with three out four pistons seized on both front front calipers. There doing another full replacement sourcing Toyota parts. No cost to me but time so shop is stand up. Back brakes seem to be fine, pads at 6mm.
View attachment 1576956
terrain tamer here on the forum is a seller

Beno recommended Napa Eclipse calipers to me last week. Picked them up, haven’t had a chance to put them on yet. I like the are painted unlike the Autozone calipers I recently put on the rear.

Napa is good for calipers. I got them for my 40 with 60 series brakes. For rotors go OEM or Terrian Tamer. I’ve been happy with the few Terrain Tamer products so far. Although I’ve been running some vented freebie rotors that have been good so far.

View attachment 1576956

Holy crap that is a lot of $$ !!!!

and dont forget replacing the front rotors should include repacking the front wheel bearings so theres more labor cost in that as well,

Used NAPA calipers on mine and OEM rotors. Happy so far.

Beno recommended Napa Eclipse calipers to me last week. Picked them up, haven’t had a chance to put them on yet. I like the are painted unlike the Autozone calipers I recently put on the rear.
I read that Beno thread on the Napa calipers. So they just reman Toyota OEM. From what I gather they are identical. I think I am going to go with them. Looks like I can get them for $53.99 after returning my old ones.

IDK. Looks like a total loss to me. I can take it off your hands...

Last edited:
I read that Beno thread on the Napa calipers. So they just reman Toyota OEM. From what I gather they are identical. I think I am going to go with them. Looks like I can get them for $53.99 after returning my old ones.

I stated that they appear to be the same Toyota castings.

I have no idea of the quality of the caliper or the remanufacturing process they undergo.

I prefer Toyota parts so I have no idea on these aftermarket parts.

I replaced all mine with the NAPA Eclipse calipers and they worked out OK.. However be sure to inspect them very well. I had to send three back due to bad seals on the piston. I also has troubles with the eclipse calipers leaking from the bleeder screw hole. I was able to fix this by installing speed bleeders..

Got my calipers today from Advanced Auto. These are 19B1656 & 19B1655 in case anyone is interested. Hardware & pistons look good. Let's hope they hold up.

IMG_5001.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom